TS install query

Started by GTVeloce, December 10, 2012, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

Hi all

I am getting close to finishing my TS install into the GTV but I have a few wires floating around in the engine bay that I can't quite work out what to do with.
1. The original engine ignition coil had three wires going to it. One was for the tacho (white cable), one was a black wire that I presume must have been an earth and a green/black wire that comes from the fuse box (fuse 7). The white cable to the tacho is easy enough, but I am wondering if I need to do anything with the other two? I couldn't track the other end of the black wire (disappeared into the loom).

2. There is a cable that is all by itself from the original wiring that comes out near the junction box on the front of the left hand inner fender (see pic). I think maybe it might be for the air-con but I couldn't track it back. It is a green wire underneath the insulation.

Thanks
Julian

GTVeloce

Any thoughts anyone?

Also, I found this the other day and have no idea what it is for. It just appears to be a fairly nondescript rubber ring but it has an Alfa part number stamped on it which implies it must have some purpose! Has anyone seen this and know where it goes?

festy

The green+black wire is the power for the coil - if you're not using it for the conversion, insulate it because you don't want it coming into contact with the body.