EOI: 82 Alfetta GTV2.0, Quad throttle bodies....

Started by Jekyll and Hyde, January 02, 2008, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jekyll and Hyde

Having a bit of a early-life crisis with this car, at the moment, and wanting to find out if a market exists to sell the thing in at the moment.
Major reason at the current time being that while it goes and sounds much better on the quad throttles than it did on the carbies, I get out of it and into my 84 range rover, and it feels much faster, and even perhaps more fun (under acceleration, not cornering!)  I'm also regretting selling the 260z project I had before it, and thinking about moving back in that direction.

Anyhow, the car is a charcoal grey GTV2.0 (plastic bumper model).  Has V6 recaros fitted, as well as the later style dash.  Motor is internally standard and in good nick (has had new pistons a few years ago, and pushed 175psi on all cylinders the other day).  Head gasket has been replaced in the last couple of months.  It has Suzuki GSX-R 750 throttle bodies fitted, being run by a Megasquirt computer.  It has a recored V6 radiator in it (100mm wider and 30mm taller than 4 cyl) which was fitted about 2 months ago.  Also has the v6 fans fitted, both being run simultaneously by the ECU, and the temperature sits steady at about 85 degrees in our current weather.  Brand new Bosch 070 fuel pump.

The car has V6 5 stud hubs all round, with brand new rear wheel bearings.  It has brand new front discs, with new QFM x500 brake pads (semi race compound), and new QFM k750 (race compound) rear pads.  Has stainless steel braided brake lines in the front (ADR approved), and V6 Brembo calipers.  Has a brand new brake master cylinder.

Has 15x7 Simmons B45s on all 4 wheels (polished finish), with brand new BFG G-Force Sport tyres all round (205/55 on front, 225/50 on back).  Has a stock 5 stud alloy for a spare.

About 8 or 9 years ago it had a full rust cut and respray, but unfortunately some rust is starting to come back - both doors, bottom of rhf guard (just in front of door), a spot on the hatch under the seal, and along the flat area under the rear windows on both sides.  All fairly simple fixes for anyone a little handy with a welder, and I do have 2 rust free doors (in red) and a rust free hatch to go with it.  Other than the rust starting to lift up under the paint, the paint is in overall good nick, and from a few paces looks really good.

SPARES (mostly from the GTV6 I wrecked):  The 2 doors mentioned (which have electric windows, and mirrors both sides, all the wiring exists due to the dash swap!), a hatch, a V6 bonnet which has been crunched (now mostly straightened out, very close to useable), a rear bumper which needs a slight adjustment on one side, various plastic bumper inserts etc, a full set of glass, rear window frames, early style front seats, later type rear seats, rear light assemblies, 2 x Dellorto carbies, another 2 litre motor (stripped, but complete long motor), 4 cylinder front calipers and hubs, 4 x 4 stud mesh style mag wheels, 1 x steel 4 stud spare, various other bits of seals/trims etc.  Probably lots I forgot.

There are some photos in this thread: http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,705.0/
Can put some more up if theres any interest.  At this stage I'm not going to give an indication on what I'm looking for, if someone wants to private message or post an idea of what they'd pay that would be good, if no-one is prepared to do that after a while then I might come up with a big number and see how many people pass out.

Alfalfa

hey, I'm after the little plastic insert on the left front bumper just behind the indicator...mine fell off somewhere on the way up to wangaratta! And what condition are the dellortos in? mine have carked it. Any photos of the 4x4 stud mesh wheels?

cheers
Current:
2009 Ford Focus XR5T
1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (out to stud)

Previous:
1986 Nissan Pintara Shaggin Wagon

Jekyll and Hyde

Don't have that front bumper piece, dellortos run very rich over about 4000 rpm, would probably work alright on a modified motor or if your current ones don't work at all, otherwise need a rebuild.

Wheels are below, 2 have slight gutter rash.  The one in the photo is one of them, and the other has the same amount (about an inch of light scratching on the lip).  Tyres not included.  Many of the other parts aren't for sale unless the car sells, obvious exceptions are the original front seats, the 4 cyl. front brakes, and an early type dash (cracked, with no working instruments).