83 GTV6 Track car for sale by Alfa tragic

Started by barts, February 07, 2013, 10:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barts

I finally have to admit that I won't have time to use my track car in the next 10 years or so. I have just moved to Victoria and its time for it to go.

I've owned the car since 1998. It was my everyday car until I lived overseas for a few years. It evolved into its current form in 2007/2008 when I did a number of sprints in QLD with the AROCA club there. It has all the right bits to be developed into a very quick car.
- Sparco Pro 2000 Seat, OMP Harness, OMP Wheel, RS racing hub spacer. Stripped interior, with sound deadening removed, foamed PVC door trims. Reinstalled cut down carpet. Aircon removed but heater refitted. (nearly ready for paint and a half cage)
- Strong, stock 3.0 12 valve from 164 running L-Jetronic fitted in 2003ish. Cam belt and fettling by Chris Hedges in Canberra last year.  (Comes with 164 computer, injectors, runners, etc if keen to convert)
- EBC Red stuff pads and RS Racing suspension all round with 30mm front anti roll bar. Dunlop Stickies on DTM 16 x 7 Finn wheels (a few years old but have been stored in bin liners). Still road legal height but can be adjusted. Front spoiler from MC racing (original supplied but bumpers are long gone)
- Registered in QLD until Aug (wouldn't know where to start for Vic rego) with mod plate as two seater and has tow bar fitted (I used to tow a trailer to QLD Raceway with a jack and sticky tyres, have fun all day and drive home). Paint is a bit tired but has very little rust. (window guides, small patch passenger door sill)

The car has only been started, warmed up and taken for a quick blast and put away for the last 2 years. A half cage, tightened twinspark gearbox and some cosmetics would finish the car off. (current gearbox getting loud but refuses to die)

This sale will render me Alfa-less for the first time but I'm confident it will be short lived as I'm on the lookout for a 'family friendly' GTA or GT.
Located near Seymour so drop by on your way to Winton and take a look. I can't find a similar example to gauge price but I was hoping for $8500.
You can tell me 'I'm dreamin' by PM.

barts

more pics

barts

G'Day all,

Not sure if no one is after the track car or I am way off the pace for price. If its the latter, please drop me a line. This car doesn't owe much after 15yrs of ownership. I am more interested in it going to a good home and to someone who will continue to develop it to its full potential.

Cheers

Dan

barts

Doesn't appear to be much interest so make me an offer, I won't be offended.
I need to clear out the garage.

Dan 

barts

$7000 anyone? Can meet at Broadford sprints.

Dan

barts

I managed a quick run down to Broadford in the GTV6 to watch a sprint round. Great bunch of guys, very inspiring but I haven't had time to follow up. Car has been to the Tooborac pub and back a few times to keep it ticking over but has otherwise laid dormant. QLD Rego through to Mar 14.

As much as I would like to keep it and get sprinting its not going to work with my job commitments, not too mention the young family.

Any interest at $6000? 

Dan

barts

Sold. Off to great home. I'm going to deliver to Brisbane and will post separately for route advice.