Quote from: Victor Lee on June 26, 2013, 10:31:00 PM
Length: 3909mm
Width: 2090mm   !!!!! :o :o :o
Height: 1183mm 
Wheelbase: 2380mm

Will it fit in your garage Victor?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

John Hanslow

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

kartone

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Paul Gulliver

Here's some youtube on one being built

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aJ0W-Cq7wHI

Not very many robots , but lots of technicians. With all that carbon fibre it looks like it would be a nightmare to rebuild after any sort of accident
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Victor Lee

Quote from: Victor Lee on June 26, 2013, 10:31:00 PM
Length: 3909mm
Width: 2090mm   !!!!! :o :o :o

Typo! :-[
Length: 3989mm
Width: 2090mm (inc mirrors)
Width: 1864mm
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Victor Lee

Article from Fiat Group World

http://fiatgroupworld.com/2013/07/07/the-4c-is-here-and-then/

Interesting about Alfa's projected sales :-\
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

MD

Juan Filipe needs to put the oxygen mask back on and get all the brain cells working.

More models, sure let's have 20. Why not? How to go broke even faster ! What is Alfas's market? Do they understand it?

Alfa's market is mostly the young motor sports enthusiasts. Mostly guys and less so women as it is in all brands. These people buy interesting, novel, unique and good performing 2 door coupes and convertibles.Enter market 1.

Market 2 consists of the same people who become family people and have the same needs in a four door sedan or hatch.

That makes 4 models. Power them with a range of engines and there is you model range as usual.

So what is this stupid expectation of a ridiculous range of models? Leave that to Toyota.

..and oh yeah, I am just busting at the seams to buy the first Alfa SUV for a squillian dollars to go scrub bashing with to see how thick the paint is and will the Italian floor panels stand more rock pounding and salt spray than the average you guessed it Toyota.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

aggie57

Everyone said when Wendelin Wiedeking introduced the Cayenne that it was the end of Porsche.  If not for the Cayenne the company would in fact have died and we would not now have the 911, the Cayman, the Boxster and the 918. 

Sadly for those of us that love Alfa and similar brands one market that makes good money for these manufacturers now is not the young motor sports enthusiasts, its the 30-40 somethings buying mid-market SUV's for the school run.  Hence BMW with the X1, X3, X5, and X6. 
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Evan Bottcher

Quote..and oh yeah, I am just busting at the seams to buy the first Alfa SUV for a squillian dollars to go scrub bashing with to see how thick the paint is and will the Italian floor panels stand more rock pounding and salt spray than the average you guessed it Toyota.

Something tells me you're not the target market...  8)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

MD

:) :)

I don't want to stray this topic too far but in the context of SUV's, but I do see a lot of surf spray, rock pounding,mud bashing and paint scratching on route to the school run.  ::)

So now we need, Mercs, Bimmers,Porches,Volvos, The 4x4 menu from Asia, Rovers,Hummers, Jeeps, Ladas and brands to come just to get to school. ::)

....somebody stop the planet, I need to get off. ;D ;D

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Neil Choi

Off topic.

Car companies are not here for the car enthusiast.

They are here to sell as many new cars to whoever will buy them.  So the majority wins, the SUV and family cars that are reliable and affordable.  The majority of buyers are boring, unimaginative and not risk takers hence why Toyota sells so many cars.

We are NOT the target audience.

The 4C might revive Alfa in terms of "performance" but certainly isn't going to rescue them fully in a hurry without more models.

Compared with BMW and Audi, these two makers have just about every corner of the market covered from baby cars to big ass 4WD.

redsky

The car companies can all build as many SUV's as they like, as long as this allows them to be profitable enough to build brand image cars like the 4C as well.
And yes, own an Alfa, but recently got a SUV after swearing for years that i never would. Obviously i'm in the Alfa any time the road has corners in it. The the Dodge is handy for haulin' down the hwy to spend the week end at the inlaws. Strangly, the smooth pentastar V6 may even end up in an Italian car some day.
LOOOOOVE that 4C though.

Darren.

MD

Way off topic..

All you farmers, oil, gas & mineral explorers, rural firefighters, rural creek crossing residents, all the towing fraternity that haul horses, potty calves, motocross bikes and the thousands of caravaners and the like are all valid users of these very useful vehicles in the appropriate applications. Got no problem with it whatsoever.

Having said that, the first time I see an Alfa SUV pulling a caravan I can't promise I am not going to have a puke. I am trying to imagine the company that gave birth to Ferrari now towing caravans.There is something alien with that picture. If Fiat wanted to market SUV and stuck a Fiat badge on it (enter Lada here), I couldn't give a rats.

A few facts to ponder over. Combining high power and suggestion of high sports performance is exactly what gets people killed in these things. They have the highest statistical roll over rate of "passenger" cars. Often they are designed to have shitty tyre grip because fitting high grip level of tyres makes them roll over even more readily. The more passenger and luggage laden they are, the more they will roll over as well owing to their high centre of gravity.

Thank goodness the 4C is designed to do exactly the opposite. It will have a huge image burdon to carry if Alfa puts the caravans in tow.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

branko.gt

Quote from: MD on July 10, 2013, 06:22:38 PM
Way off topic..
Having said that, the first time I see an Alfa SUV pulling a caravan I can't promise I am not going to have a puke. .....

not quite a caravan but it is an Alfa Matta towing a trailer .... should be enough for a puke

Beatle

Quote from: MD on July 10, 2013, 06:22:38 PM
Way off topic........................

Having said that, the first time I see an Alfa SUV pulling a caravan I can't promise I am not going to have a puke. I am trying to imagine the company that gave birth to Ferrari now towing caravans.There is something alien with that picture.

A few facts to ponder over. Combining high power and suggestion of high sports performance is exactly what gets people killed in these things. They have the highest statistical roll over rate of "passenger" cars. Often they are designed to have shitty tyre grip because fitting high grip level of tyres makes them roll over even more readily. The more passenger and luggage laden they are, the more they will roll over as well owing to their high centre of gravity.

Thank goodness the 4C is designed to do exactly the opposite. It will have a huge image burdon to carry if Alfa puts the caravans in tow.

MD, that's a big call if you are betting that less 4Cs are crashed per-unit-sold than say Landcruisers.............. ;)

Cast your watering eyes below and puke away...... ;D
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning