Alfa Romeo 4 C

Started by colcol, February 10, 2013, 04:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

So back on topic  :P (like I give a stuff)

The 4c was demonstrated in action at Goodwood FoS in the last couple of days, but I can't yet find any video!

Looks fab in that colour.  I still don't like the headlights, but that's probably going to be ok.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Paul Gulliver

Has Victor worked out if it going to fit in his garage & has he got his order in yet . Where are we starting the queue for a test drive.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Victor Lee

Yes, also waiting to see non-studio video and reports! 

And yes, it will fit in any garage  ;)  (not as wide as we thought), but getting one is still academic ... dealers have been told to stop taking deposits!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

aggie57

Quote from: Victor Lee on July 14, 2013, 11:01:12 PM
Yes, also waiting to see non-studio video and reports! 

And yes, it will fit in any garage  ;)  (not as wide as we thought), but getting one is still academic ... dealers have been told to stop taking deposits!
So they announce a car and then decide that, oh no, we really don't want to sell them.....serious, if people want to buy them they should just keep building them.  Pagani does that with the Zonda (which according to Top Gear they will still sell you).
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

footscrazy1978

zagames told me they are all sold out even though they are still unsure on prices and delivery dates. must be a few guys out there just want one.

DaveT

Is it just me or does anyone else thinks it's kind of dumb to put a deposit down on a car (albeit a very saucy car) you've never seen, sat in, driven or even have a clue what it costs?

Not to mention inevitably there will be something clangingly wrong with it which will endear it to die hard Alfisiti and depreciate it faster than a brides nightie.
DaveT & Bertie - 67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Previous belligerent Italians:
92 Alfa 164
72 BS Fiat Spider
69 Fiat 124 AC Coupe
70 Fiat 124 BC Coupe

branko.gt

Quote from: DaveT on July 17, 2013, 02:16:02 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else thinks it's kind of dumb to put a deposit down on a car (albeit a very saucy car) you've never seen, sat in, driven or even have a clue what it costs?

Not to mention inevitably there will be something clangingly wrong with it which will endear it to die hard Alfisiti and depreciate it faster than a brides nightie.

it is just you  :P

DaveT

Quote from: Branko Turk on July 17, 2013, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: DaveT on July 17, 2013, 02:16:02 PM

it is just you  :P

Fair call, I'm just a bitter old man, if I had the money I'm dumb enough to put a deposit on one.
DaveT & Bertie - 67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Previous belligerent Italians:
92 Alfa 164
72 BS Fiat Spider
69 Fiat 124 AC Coupe
70 Fiat 124 BC Coupe

Evan Bottcher

Video preview from Goodwood is quite nice (apart from naff dramatic music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qNLC29Jjc

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

And a Top Gear reporter was in the passenger seat: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/alfa-romeo-4c-goodwood-festival-of-speed-first-ride-201307-18

QuoteOff we go. We're in Dynamic mode, so there's still a bit of traction control, but enough slip to allow a mildly smoky burnout off the start line. And it's good news from here. It's fast enough to leave your stomach behind, and feels good for 0-60 in five seconds or less. The lack of flab makes itself known immediately - it doesn't heave or haul. It darts and skips. With fuel and two blokes on board, I guess it weighs somewhere close to 1100kg. But it feels like less.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Duk

Hmmmmmmmmmm!
Front suspension is a proper multilink set up, but the rear is a shitty old McPherson strut.
So the front should have a decent camber curve with bump travel, plus positive caster to add negative camber with steering lock, but the rear suspension will have next to zero dynamic camber.
So the front tyres will be able to maintain excellent contact patch during body roll, but the rear tyres will move into positive camber with body roll. I'm sure it will be interesting at or about the limits.............  :o

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

I quite like this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySvb44ucuIE

(a little bit one-sided perhaps, barely mentions any negatives)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

tjb0274

Apologies if this has been posted earlier in the thread - haven't had time to flip all the way through!

Chris Harris has a couple of vids up, a very positive initial review, and then this interesting comparison with a Cayman S.

If the car was actually physically available here to look at/try, with reliable delivery dates for orders, I'd be interested. However, got burned many years ago with pre-ordering on an "in demand" car, and not inclined to go there again.
Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

LaStregaNera

Quote from: Duk on July 21, 2013, 03:36:06 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm!
Front suspension is a proper multilink set up, but the rear is a shitty old McPherson strut.

I take it you haven't looked under a Boxster or Cayman.
Or stratos for that matter.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6