Alfa Romeo 4 C

Started by colcol, February 10, 2013, 04:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

McAnnik

Yes MD, Your comments are valid re: faded / non existing or latest technology clear lens for rear indicators (and fronts too!). What has happended in the last few years has been the vehicle manufacturers desire to not pay exorbitant royalties to Du Pont (USA) for the use of their patented dyestuffs that are UV immune and do not fade  under adverse conditions for the life of the vehicle. Witness how many Jap/ Euro manufactures do not pay D.P. either!. Hence the developement of ,clear lenses, coloured bulbs, and now, LED (coloured to suit application) lamps serving all Automotive purposes. Granted! in a lot of applications the end result could be regarded as un satisfactory and even dangerous in certain driving conditions:eg bright sunlight etc. However, a new amber coloured bulb in your old faded rear indicater lens WILL get you through a RWC on your old 105 GT.  Comments?...................Ian

MD

McAnnik,

(Love the name BTW)

Just to weave the 4C headlight issue into the clear indicator stuff but with an allied evolving problem. Have you noticed the common use of acrylic headlight lenses? They appear to serve the complex body contours demanded of car shapes today and perhaps provide some safety issues for pedestrians unlucky enough to be involved in a frontal impact from glass injuries. That's all on the plus side.

On the downside, have you seen what happens to cars that are parked in strong sun light routinely? The acrylics (or whatever the material is) goes yellow and severely diminishes the light transmission properties of the original lens. So if your Commodore or Hyundai or whatever is getting around with kerosene frontal lighting intensities lately, have your lenses replaced and install UV covers over them whilst parked in the sun.

My final piss-off about light designers today is the complete lack of observing the traditional requirement for a RHD or LHD cut off lighting pattern on low beam  under the ADRs. Some headlights today have so much light scatter on low beam, it can make it difficult to navigate a clear direction of travel. It gets pretty difficult to see the road in front of you especially so when the roads are wet and the surfaces cause much more reflection to boot.

Now lucky for me I am a great believer in flying pigs and have every confidence that all this will be sorted out one day.

Progress is great unless it is progress in retreat.  8)

Love the 4C Stingray BTW  :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

branko.gt

Quote from: MD on March 24, 2013, 09:52:12 AM

Love the 4C Stingray BTW  :)

Stingray is an unexpected point of reference  ::)

Victor Lee

Interesting blog entry from AR Australia on 12/04/13 -

http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/alfa-world/blog/258-welcome-the-new-alfa-romeo-4c-to-australia

In particular:  "Look for the Alfa Romeo 4C in Australia within the next several months..."

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Evan Bottcher

I read tonight that the 4c will be running at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next month.  Here's hoping for some good video and audio from that...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

massiveluvbuddy67

If Alfa can change the rear away from looking like an Elise and the front to looking like a 33 Stradale (why is this a problem), I would buy one in a flash. A real manual box? Yes please.
Otherwise, great sadness...

Neil Choi

Evan, you beat me to the post.

Nice to see a modern Alfa able to drift, Damon and Cailum now want an Alfa but only the 4C.  They should be so lucky.

Evan Bottcher

I think it looks fantastic.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Neil Choi

Me think so too, have one in a heart beat.

Craig_m67

Attach part B to part B6 using the supplied adhesive making note to hold finger on part C3 with index finger so it doesn't move. Bugger me, what did Guido have for lunch

Remember to paint all the parts before assembly, except that bit there. They'll spend hours debating why we left it like that in 25 years or so when it gets a resto

Interesting 4C self assembly photos

Nah, it definitely says insert the water soluble sachet of rusty powder inside the windscreen frame on the limited edition anniversary edition.  Did Guido remove the synchro on second gear ?

Plenty of room back here for a decent set of headlamps, those boys in viral internet marketing have gone too far, now must remember to torque this correctly so it rattles just that little bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHWFptKfjEM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

aggie57

James May will be very proud - his real life Airfix kit is finally a reality!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

alfagtv58

Quote from: Craig_m67 on June 11, 2013, 09:34:10 PM
Remember to paint all the parts before assembly, except that bit there. They'll spend hours debating why we left it like that in 25 years or so when it gets a resto

Very good.  I like that a lot!  ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti