After Interior colour codes for an Alfa Romeo 166

Started by washout39, May 06, 2013, 09:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washout39

Hi guys,
            am new to this site but have been round Alfa's of different kinds for just on thirty years. At the moment I have just picked up a 2000 model 166 in Nero Vulcano (black with a nice metallic red tinge to it) with a beige interior. What I am trying to do at the moment is repair the interior plastic since it has gone all sticky (which seems to be a common problem with Alfa plastics) and respray it, however I need the interior colour codes to do it, any help would be much appreciated

colcol

On my 156 JTS, the power window assembly and door pulls went all sticky, and you could actually scrape the plastic off with your fingernail, it was like a kid had been eating ice cream and had put their ice cream hands all over the interior, i think it was the early 2,000's and Alfa Romeo hadn't quite got soft feel plastics right.
Because it was a coating, and black i just cleaned it off with some rag with thinners, and the plastic underneath was black.
You will have to clean off all the loose sticky covering and respray it with the correct color.
Try the usual suspects like Repco, Autobahn or Supercheap for some interior trim spray, i did a consolel about 20 years ago and it worked a treat, it was in a pressure pack can.
If you can't get the right color, you may have to go to a panel beaters paint supply shop and get them to mix up the right color to match yours and have them put it in a  pressure pack can, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

TFJ100

I cleaned mine with that green steel wool you can buy in a supermarket and Napi-San and then just overlaid with a plastic rejuvenator such as Armor All. Came up a treat.

May save you some money and effort.

Thanks
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white