Photos from Winton August 4th.

Started by Stuart Thomson, August 05, 2013, 08:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Hi All,

Photos from the day at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rat156/sets/72157634934606762/

If you would like a copy without the watermark, either as a print or digital copy, please contact me (stuart.thomson156@gmail.com)

Cheers
Stu

aggie57

Nice group of happy snaps Stuart - and a great day. 

Many thanks to you, Alan, Neil, Bruno, Barry, and all the others involved.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Evan Bottcher

Great photos Stu! My video camera was on the blink, I think Sheldon got one session which hopefully he'll post later. Also hoping for a little footage from Gully, Mick, Steve as usual...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

lightyear

My car was so fast you missed me.  ;D

Sme cool shots anywho. I like the action shots. Alfa with body roll...

Stuart Thomson

I was hoping to get everyone, but CoC duties did intervene with taking photos on a couple of occasions.  I did chuck some out, what was your number?

Cheers
Stuart

Sheldon McIntosh

A great day, thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for making it possible.

Evan was kind enough to let me share his wife's Alfasud again, and it was absolutely superb.  Evan and I have an unspoken agreement that we don't compete for fastest time, but, um...., yeah.

My previous best here was a 1.48 in Ironsides, which I thought was pretty reasonable considering it's limitations at a track like this, so I was hoping for a 1.50 in the Alfasud.  This is session 1, where I was extremely happy to get a 1.49.06, with a little moisture around.  It was a fun session, I got to pass a few people, a couple of them took more work than others...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlWd7kw_i0Y

I thought I was doing okay, as Evan said a 1.49 was the fastest he'd ever done at Winton.  Then he went out and reeled off a couple of 1.47s !!  Since we're not competitive, I didn't feel any pressure whatsoever to go out and try my hardest to match that.  This is session 2. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBK_D0GZXcg

I was a bit lucky in that I was one of the quicker cars in my group, so I made sure I went out first so I'd get a few clear laps.  Evan had to negotiate faster and slower traffic in his group to get his quick laps in.  I tried pretty hard, quite possibly harder than I've ever driven a car before, but managed a 1.46.9933, and hoped Evan could no better wished Evan all the best for his next session.

I was a bit ragged in that session, I was possibly trying a little too hard.  Then Evan went out again and came back with a 1.46.9874.  We both had another couple of sessions, both getting mid 47s, but the track went off a little bit I think.

So yes, the difference between us was 0.0059 of a second.  I think we were both pretty happy with that result.

Unfortunately Evan can't work his own camera, so there's no footage of his fast laps.  And apologies if these vids are a little jerky, I'm trying to work out some technical issues between my computer and youtube.

Great day, great track, and I'm more impressed by this little Alfasud every time I get a chance to drive it, it's a deceptively quick little car, even with no horsepowers.  If this thing ever gets a decent engine it's gonna be a frickin rocketship!!

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on August 06, 2013, 12:03:24 AM
...it's a deceptively quick little car, even with no horsepowers.  If this thing ever gets a decent engine it's gonna be a frickin rocketship!!

Not bad for 68hp!  This stock 1.5 has been in the car since 1999, and done countless sprints and six (6) six-hour relays.  It refuses to die, and seems to be getting quicker!  Rudolf Hruska was a genius.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Ray Pignataro

Evan don't park it beside mine or it may be contagious ,yours may die a little quicker

Paul Gulliver

A few laps with new father & son team Adrian & Alf Di Mauro in their 105 GTV twin spark ( Damian Crea's old car) . Also featuring Evan Bottcher and his 68 horses in the mighty little flying Sud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeO_6s3S7hU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqbUccwTM08hdJfoR1jELxA

Note to self , next time your in the same run group as Evan make sure it is at a track that has got some uphill sections .
(The sud doesn't slow down until it gets to a hill).

I agree with Sheldon & Evan, around lunchtime was just perfect . I also went about 2 seconds faster than I have ever been around Winton.
As usual tried harder in the afternoon and went slower , so went home a little early

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Evan Bottcher

Awesome Gully.  My heart stopped when you had that moment in the esses.  :o
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Stephen Aarons

Finally got around to putting some footage up.
Although I get over taken but half the field, was still my fastest run of the day. Go figure.

1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)

Evan Bottcher

What are the 'other goodies' Steve?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV