4C Review

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, September 22, 2013, 07:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

At the risk of a smack down....it's a sports car with an auto.....just lost interest.  Otherwise looks like a ripper but when will manufactueres realise we just like swapping cogs, side stepping clutches and general tom foolery.  pooh.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

colcol

Most likely faster with an auto, and you can change gears without taking your hands off the wheel......but i am in the same boat, one of the things i like about a manual Alfa Romeo is the run to the corner, take a wide line, brake, into neutral, heel and toe, into second, no crunching, done it right!, turn the wheel, touch the kerb, run it out wide, get on the power, smile, and this is on the way to work, but i am a dinosaur!, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

The Alfa Romeo 4C has just won the Age's motoring liftout, award for the prestigious, 'worst cupholders for 2013', the 4C had to beat off The Porcshe Caymen/Boxter with several votes for its complexity, [after all, it is German], the Peugeot's 2008, for not catering to American-sized cups, but the overall winner is the upcoming 4C, the cupholders positioned exactly where the drivers elbow needs to be, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mike

I here ya, fast does not necessarily equal fun...and lets face it, 99% of our driving is not fast, but it can be fun.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

McAnnik

.....Cupholders.... in the wrong place!!!!!!  OMG! I'm not going to buy one!!...... if that's the best thing these so called  Expert Motoring Journalists can whinge about they do not deserve the opportunity to drive this type of sportscar. ( I wonder? Do these people still accept the "gifts" left under the seats of test cars so that a favourable report will make it into print!!Oh Yes!! thats how the system works! Don't ask me how I know!)...........................