To exhaust or not to exhaust..

Started by MD, October 07, 2013, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

They live amongst us..

Bet you can't beat this guy for a full flow exhaust system.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

four90s

Presumably that's a K-Mart parking lot.

Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)

MD

Where it's at is not as significant as the brains behind the idea. How often do you see a substitute for a written sign in the form of vehicle modification (in this case an exhaust) that is conveying a self proclamation to the observer that the owner of those modifications is a complete moron?

Of course in the case of exhausts, we all know that just the right sort of exhaust is going to exude sexual potency and virility with a strong signal of availability as the vehicle drives by. Naturally, the bigger the exit pipe the closer it reflects the size of the drivers' credentials is the implication. Others may argue that conversely it reflects the size of the vacuum in the driver's cranium.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Beatle

What did I miss?   Hate to burst ya bubbles, but I honestly think that exhaust is a spare part merely being conveyed in the boot.  So maybe the owner is not as big a tosser as it would first appear.

Regardless, I see larger diameter pipes on local Hyundais almost daily 'round these parts................. :D
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

MD

Hahhaa. He's a tosser irrespective. There is no doubt it was the effect he was after.

Any normal person would have transported such an item in an appropriate vehicle such as a truck to comply with overhang requirements.

The exhaust systems I love the most are the tunnel sized outlets affixed to a spaghetti system and fitted to an automatic transmission. The true model of dorkdum.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0