Interstate Car transport in 2013

Started by Davidm1600, November 02, 2013, 07:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidm1600

Hi all

Just out of curiosity, as it may help me, does anyone have recent experience for Interstate car transporters, and especially between the Mainland (ie Adelaide) and Tassie, including typical costs.

In looking in the search function I am aware that there have been past threads re this, with a range of transporters suggested, including Toll, CEVA, Moving cars. com.au and unique car carriers.com.au.  The last comments on this though date back to 2012 and none mention Tassie in the equation.  I realise going across Bass Straight is an added complication and therefore one needs to add this extra cost.

I havn't made any phone calls yet and/or looked online/yellow pages or even asked friends who have done this sort of thing, but I would be interested in any feedback, including what questions to ask, e.g how they transport cars, insurance issues, anything else ?

Thanks David
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

MSM47

I recently transported car from Perth to Brisbane, I used CEVA. I wouldn't hesitate in using them again, service was great and the car was quickly transported on time.

Davidm1600

Thanks, that is who we have decided to also use.  Good to hear it went well.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

GTA Neil

I bought my GTA in adelaide and used CEVA. Service was excellent and had no hassles. Car actually came in early. What I was concerned about is that I paid for a road freighter closed, but enquiring further the car was loaded on a train. Just a bit of a surprise when told one thing and then something else is done.... Otherwise everything was tip top and would use them again