1973 105 series Giulia GTV - Twinspark

Started by Buddy, November 19, 2013, 02:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Regretfully offering this beautiful little car for sale. This vehicle was restored both inside and out (see details below) from the ground up with mild, tasteful modifications added several years later.

NSW club members circa 2001 may remember the vehicle at the larger meets and concourse events. Vehicle was runner up – Modified Class, at the 2001 Concorso d'Eleganza, this vehicle is as per original specification except for the following;

-   Smaller wooden steering wheel
-   Wooden Alfa gear knob
-   Custom exhaust
-   Engine;  1993 2.0 Twin Spark, injected and running as per original configuration
-   Sump guard
-   Alarm installed
-   Lowered suspension
-      16 inch wheels

No bodywork or other interior items have been changed, a modern radio and 10 stack CD player has been installed and concealed in the glove box to ensure the dash is not affected.

Vehicle is in good to excellent condition for this model, will not require major work to register and enjoy. Gearbox is smooth and crunch free, critical mechanical parts (engine, gearbox etc) have seen only 10,000KM since being rebuilt or replaced. Available receipts total more than $44,000 and will be provided to interested buyers.

HISTORY
The previous owner had the vehicle stripped to bare metal and restored. Running gear was the original 2 litre engine with all mechanical work being completed by CORSE Automotive in Smithfield. Receipts for the mechanical work alone total just over $30,000, these receipts are available for buyer inspection.

I purchased the vehicle in 2000 and made the above mentioned changes as well as installed freshly polished bumpers. Engine swap, rebuild of the twinspark motor, custom exhaust and other custom parts were all completed by Fabian Baudille at Auto Sprint Performance. My receipts total over $14,000 and again are available for viewing.

Vehicle is currently unregistered as I have been in and out of the country for 10 years with the car being in locked storage in the outer west (nice and dry) for much of this time.

Asking $20,000 even. Contact me any time if you would like more detail or to see the vehicle.