Selespeed reving in 1st

Started by jimay3677, January 02, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimay3677

Well it's been running a lot better and not missing first (as often) I've got a spare accumulator which I'll install eventually along with new pump brushes.  Apart from that there's been no other issues. I've changed oil to penrite 5w60 and the oil consumption seems to be nil.  I'm due for new tyres, does anyone have a recommendation?  It's got kmart brand rubbish on it at the moment. I'll likely go some pirellis but I'm so tempted to try nexen n6000 but I fear they'll be crap.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

colcol

I have Bridgestone Adrenelin's on my JTS, they were recomended by Street Machine, so you know they must be good.....for burnouts?, they grip ok in the wet and dry and not too noisy, and most importantly don't vibrate on the freeway.
Had Goodyear, [German] F-1 on the car from the factory, but were a bit noisy.
I am about to use Penrite fully synthetic 15-60, with full zinc, not quite the recomended oil, but it was on special a few months back at Repco for $40 for 5 litres, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

jimay3677

Well I opted for michillin energy xm2 due to mainly doing highway driving. I must say they handle extremely well for eco tyres and are barely audible. I'll report back on mileage. I've been getting 8.3L/100k at an average speed of 110 so if the advertising is true I should get 7.9

jimay3677

Cant be right... 7.1L/100k. At 110
Same fuel, same stretch of road..