Repairer needed following attempted theft......

Started by RSR1750, January 10, 2014, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSR1750

Hi everyone, after returning to my cbd car park after work this afternoon I found that my car had been attempted to be stolen. Both door handles have been damaged including the door skin and paintwork. Electrical wiring all ripped out from ignition including various other damage to internal bits and pieces.
As I'm insured with Shannon's I can select my repairer. Can anyone suggest someone I can use?
Btw it's a red acrylic painted 1968 1750 series 1.......
If they reskin or repaint the doors will it make the rest if the 20 year old paint look terrible?
Help me I feel completely deflated that someone has damaged my little boy.....
Btw, I'm in bayside area
Thanks
Rohan

Neil Choi

Probably would help to know which part of the world you are in.  Would seem to be an important piece of information needed in the original post.

Sorry to hear such tragic news.  Locks are invented to keep the honest person out.

But if in Melbourne, talk to Mr Paul Rankin of Rankin Panel in Malvern Street Bayswater.

RSR1750

colcol

You could also try Extreme Body Repairs in Dandenong, talk to Dennis Dwyer or Lee Parra, both Alfa Club Members, the Alfa Club have a Technical night there every year, we will be having one later in the year, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

GTV-074

Gee thats no good Rohan...Hope you get it fixed OK.

Hope this is not a trend. 105's I guess haven't been to high on the car thieves list, hope this is not the start of a trend.

We (Alfa owners) have been blessed that our cars haven't really been No. 1 on the auto theft top 20 - hope it stays that way.

Still disturbing to hear that somone tried pretty hard to try and take it....

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?