Bluetooth music and handsfree options for 147

Started by vesh13, March 04, 2014, 02:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vesh13

Hi,

I've just got myself a 2007 Alfa 147!

I wanted to know what options there are for a bluetooth handsfree car kit and bluetooth music streaming.

Firstly, is it possible to replace the current CD/audio head unit with say an aftermarket headunit system with bluetooth handsfree/streaming?

If it's possible, the main issue I see with this is aesthitics. It wont have that clean original / neat look. So what other options are there?

Thanks!

colcol

There was a phone kit available for 147's and 156's, if you go through the menu on the head unit, you will find it, but you would have to install the kit behind the dash, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

I've been really happy with the Dension bluetooth unit that I added to our 159, and I know they also fit the 147.  I wrote up some details here (although the image of the unit itself is now lost).

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=10181.0

You can use the 'car finder' on this page to find the correct unit: http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/

It uses the CD changer port, and has an ipod cable for connection and charging as well as the bluetooth a2dp connection.  I like the original look of the head unit, with the bonus of having a bazillion songs on my iphone.  It works with the steering wheel controls on our 159, no guarantee it will on the 147 of course but it should as it really is just mimicking a CD changer to the head unit.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

vesh13

Nice! That Denison sounds perfect, exactly what I was after. Ive asked a couple questions on the Denison site so will wait to hear back before committing.

Where in Sydney would I go to get one and have it installed professionally?

Evan Bottcher

This list might help.  There'll be others, this is just the list from cushie audio who are a local distributor.

http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/find-installer/#nsw

When I bought mine, cushie audio were actually cheaper than I could source it from overseas (including postage).
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

vesh13

OK thanks. I shouldve done that distributor search myself!

So firstly, cushie has excellent customer service. Spoke to me on the phone and answered my online question very quick.

Unfortuntely, couple of things that I dislike about functionality.

1) There is no auto resume bluetooth music streaming upon reentry into car. So if you enter the car again, the bluetooth pairs, but you actually have to restart music playing on your phone. Slight inconveneince. Modern headunits these days automatically restart music when reentry into car.

2) If you get an incoming call, and are not in CD mode, then you wont actually know about it, becasue the phones audio is directed to the Denison, and as the headunit is not in CD mode, you wont hear the phone ringing.

Is this correct?

Domenic

If you were in Melbourne this would have been good, or we could organise a different model depending on what other features you need

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=12014.0

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: vesh13 on March 05, 2014, 12:11:05 PM

1) There is no auto resume bluetooth music streaming upon reentry into car. So if you enter the car again, the bluetooth pairs, but you actually have to restart music playing on your phone. Slight inconveneince. Modern headunits these days automatically restart music when reentry into car.

2) If you get an incoming call, and are not in CD mode, then you wont actually know about it, becasue the phones audio is directed to the Denison, and as the headunit is not in CD mode, you wont hear the phone ringing.

Is this correct?

Yup those two things are true about our Dension thingy.  Not ideal.  Doesn't bother me too much...
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Cool Jesus

Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================