1935 Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Aerodinamica Spider

Started by alfamisa, March 23, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfamisa

If you're young enough to think Gordon Murray was the first to create the "central driving position concept road car" in his McLaren F1 supercar...think again.
Lancia first patented it in 1934 but the first road car made with the central driving position was the 1935 Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Aerodinamica Spider.
http://megadeluxe.com/cars/1935-alfa-romeo-6c-2300-aerodinamica-spider
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Garibaldi

Amazing car, I've never seen this one before. Definitely ahead of its time.

poohbah

Mid engined by the look of it too. The proto-Muira!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

branko.gt

Isn't that the car that was in Melbourne few years ago, displayed in Motorclassica ?

BBRT

Similar car in museum at Brooklands in the UK

LaStregaNera

Quote from: BBRT on March 25, 2014, 06:08:49 PM

Similar car in museum at Brooklands in the UK

Same car, pre it's "Freshen up"
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

BBRT

According to Mr Google you are correct. I was thrown off by the two dates 1935 and 1937 (see picture Alfa2a above). It appears it took 2 years to build however, I took those photos in April last year so they did not take too long to do it up!

alfamisa

Yes and during that two years it involved road testing, seen in the first picture with 12C motor as was originally planned by Victtorio Jano. However as he was sacked in 1937 by Alfa Romeo the secret development by Gino and Oscar Jankovitz (distributors of Alfa in Croatia) left without factory supply of a 12 cylinder had to switch to a 6C 2300 motor they had thus the design was revised as in the second pic to the smaller engine.

PS The sign they hold in the first pic means "Without water"...people must have been more polite in those days to allow someone that could help to decide to stop.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.