SPAM Designers Derbyshire

Started by Mbaksopie, April 21, 2014, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mbaksopie

[removed by admin]

Garibaldi

Please excuse my ignorance but what have SPAMs got to do with Alfa Romeos? ???

colcol

SPAMs are quite important, this is where Alfa Romeo 147 and 156 owners check their thermostats, to confirm they need a new one, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

alfamisa

Quote from: Garibaldi on April 21, 2014, 06:23:43 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but what have SPAMs got to do with Alfa Romeos? ???

Of course if you had visited the Museo Storico in Arese you would have seen this;

Post WWII it was to help save the Southern Italian factory in Pomigliano d'Arco by manufacturing a variety of products, including SPAM stoves. :o  Some say it was this experience that helped bake, I mean make the Alfasud.

However i'm sure the OP didn't have any of this in mind when he decided to troll... :P
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Garibaldi

Well there you go, you learn something new every day. I was hoping to get to the museum this year but unfortunately it is still closed. :(

Evan Bottcher

This is one very persistent forum spammer.  Registers about 5-10 accounts, all from different IP addresses.  Waits a while and then uses them to create link spam to this SPAM design website.

I don't believe the spammer wants you to buy a SPAM, he/she are creating links to their website all over the place in order to increase their search engine ranking.

This one is odd though - they're normally done by 'robots' (automated scripts which create accounts) but we don't get many bot attacks because of the registration questions and CAPTCHA (the image you have to type the letters out of).  This is more likely accounts created by humans, being paid a couple of cents per account somewhere in the third world...

Sorry for the detailed blah blah, I'm just puzzled how to block this one.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

colcol

Not a waste of time this subject, learnt that Alfa Romeo made ovens, which i didn't know, i wonder if they had Magnetti Marrelli electrics that would cause you to burn your roast chook, i hear the Peugeot started off maker pepper grinders amongst other things, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]