Go Dan!

Started by colcol, June 09, 2014, 01:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Our boy Dan has done it again, for the 3rd time this year he has won, this time at the worlds greatest racetrack, Spa in Belgium, after the 2 Mercedes drivers came together on lap 2, with Nico Rosberg running into Lewis Hamilton, Nico suffered a broken front spoiler and Lewis a punctured rear tyre, Lewis had damaged bodywork through a flapping tyre and Nico changed his front spoiler and made it back to 2nd, 3rd was Valteri Bottas in the Martini Williams.
Dans team mate, 4 times world champion Sebatian Vettal finished in 5th position after running wide after pressure from Team mate Daniel and battling with other cars.
Team Principal for Petronas Mercedes, Niki Lauda blamed Niko for the incident with Lewis, would be a long walk back to the Mercedes bunker for the post race debreif with Lauda.
Daniel is now 3rd in the championship, behind Lewis, while Niko extends his lead.
Next race is in 2 weeks time at the fabulous Monza circuit, i am really loving Formula 1 again, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sheldon McIntosh

This has been one of the best seasons, so far, that I can remember.

As a Kiwi I'm loathe to support Aussies, but Ricciardo is a brilliant driver and seems like a thoroughly decent bloke.  Definitely a future World Champion.

Italian Supermodel

Does anyone have any info on what cars Daniel Riccardo was into when he was a club member,& his level of involvement ?

colcol

After Daniel's third place in Austin, Texas, Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has praised winner Lewis Hamilton, but has said that Daniel Ricciardo is the best driver in Formula one, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]