re GTA HEADLAMPS 156 Conversion

Started by tonybel, July 01, 2014, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybel

Hi Everyone,

I know this issue has been covered a few times before in the forum, however I like to add my twenty cent worth. One of the only things I have never like is the 156 headlamps, they dont do the car justice and look ordinary . The GTA style are the obvious choice, but they cost an arm and a leg these days to purchase, so I decided to convert mine into GTA type.

After doing my research and watching numerous you tube videos I attemped to do it myself, alot easiar than it looks, and the final product was professional, almost factory looking.

Things to remember, Use the Heat Gun method , because headlamps pull apart very easy, paint inside headlamp surround in a heatproof gloss paint, because glass make paint appear matt. And the most important thing so they never leak water, a good quality silicone silastic. ( Stikaflex)

Also while you have the headlamps off, up grade your lamps bulbs to Bright white type. I used PHILLIPS Diamonds, very cheap at Super Cheap Auto and work well.

the finial product is amazing if you take your time and are carefully, will take 2 days to complete so glue has time to dry well.

this modification certainly gives the alfa 156 a modern crisp aggressive look it deserves.
see pics attached for ideas.

cheers
cheers
Tony Belmonte
2001 156 v6 6speed manual