Throttle adjustment.

Started by bendover, September 25, 2014, 11:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendover

Can you adjust the throttle on a 147 Tspark.

The reason i ask is because i dont seem to idle realy well when stationary. When cold the engine goes to about 1200 rpm.. Then when running goes down to approx 700. This in effect cause a sort of lurching when using the throttle, which by the way is extremely sensative, no i havent insulted it.

When you back of quickly you get that backlash type feeling and when accerlarating it gets to a point where it seems to hold back for a second and then just takes of.

I have changed plugs and MAF and it was great for a couple of days. I am wondering if the problem is in the coil pack as when i first took it off, there was water in pot one. Could this coil pack be the trouble.

I am really hooked on this little car and want to get it right before i go on a long trip in a week or so.

Has anybody else had this problem, if it is a problem. Oh yes change the thermostat and engine now runs at correct temp, something it didnt do before. Also changed airfilter. Is there anything else i could do. I have no warnings and had the thing on a meter and it showed nothing.

bendover

What i am trying to say is, could it be the leads and not the coil itself. If it is, where do i get the leads.

bazzbazz

Pull the coil packs & check down the spark plug tubes to see if there is oil or water in any of them.

If there is it will cause misfiring and all sorts of ignition misbehaviour

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

colcol

Original question of adjusting the throttle?, the 147 has a fly-by-wire throttle assembly which means no accelerator linkage, no adjustment is possible.
There is a variable switch that opens and closes under the gas pedal that sends a signal to the throttle plate to open and close as well.
Its all to do with the Stability Control, they don't like solid linkages or cables.
If the idle is hunting up and down, check for a vacumn leak in the intake system, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bendover

Quote from: bazzbazz on September 26, 2014, 06:03:41 AM
Pull the coil packs & check down the spark plug tubes to see if there is oil or water in any of them.

If there is it will cause misfiring and all sorts of ignition misbehaviour

Baz

I have just bought a new coil pack and the change is awesome. Whoops ive been told that people over 50 shouldnt say that, it makes them sound pathetic.