Photos - GT

Started by Beatle, December 01, 2014, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatle

Quote from: Craig_m67 on December 06, 2014, 11:41:51 AM
I've been (internet)looking at that one too, can't work out what the colour is though (blue obviously but has hints of something else.. I'm colour blind)

Craig, I see what you mean.  I reckon the photos were taken late in the afternoon adding a yellow hue to the colour.
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Beatle

OK I've done it ;D  The mate who let me drive his car back in December decided to sell, and I kindly offered me first refusal.   I didn't....

Fly to Newcastle tomorrow to drive it back.   :)***  R O A D   T R I P ***   :)   Reckon I'll head back to QLD via Thunderbolts way and up the New England.

It has a sunroof which I wasn't seeking out, but condition, history, mods (Q2, strut brace) and colour scheme tipped the scales.   

Dunno what I'll do with six gear ratios though..............   
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

shiny_car

Congrats. I have never loved red GTs, but your photos of it driving along make it look fantastic.

Enjoy.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

oz3litre

Great news Paul! Have a great drive. I just did a 750 km round trip in my GT to a folk festival near the Victorian border. It was wonderful to drive and listen to as usual and our large tent, my bass guitar and all my clothes, bedding and stuff fitted in with ease.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

Beatle

Great drive with only one really weird problem (See separate post).  Got to know the car a little up the GD range from Gloucester to Walcha, overnighted in Guyra (didn't see the headless horseman...), then on to Warwick and back down the GDR to Gatton.

Suspension is not the best.  No untoward knocking etc, just a little soft.  Bottomed her out a couple of times, though granted the roads weren't the best.

Averaged 9.6L/100km for the entire trip, which is not too bad given the throttle application at both ends.  I reckon under 9L/100 is quite possible if you happened to be into such things.  Doubt I'll see it though.....

Right now I'm reading through the handbook and having a giggle at some of the 'translations'.  e.g in the section entitled CORRECT USE OF THE CAR:

WARNING  After a tiring journey it is ad-
visible to let the engine "get its breath
back" allowing it to idle a while to lower the
temperature in the engine compartment
    :D
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

oz3litre

Glad the drive went well Paul. Letting the engine idle after a long run is not something I have ever done, or seen mentioned in a handbook. I wonder if it makes any difference? I did wire the fan on the red 75 so that it keeps going after switching off though, so I suppose that is the same idea. Our Volvo 480 turbos we once owned did that standard, as well as having an auxiliary electric water pump that ran for a while after switching off to cool the turbo. The engines in those cars certainly knock up huge mileages. Our last one had 150,000 miles with no oil usage whatsoever. I wonder why Alfa and others don't do that.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.