FS: 1971 Alfa Berlina 2000 race car + spare rolling shell

Started by Simon Francis, January 08, 2015, 04:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Francis

G'day all,

It's been a few years since I was active on here and now my situation has changed so it's time to thin my Alfa collection down to 1.

For sale in this post is my 1971 Alfa Berlina 2000 race car. Car was built in Ballarat, has a CAMS certified rollcage built by Ted Robinson of Robinson Racing Developments. Has lowered suspension, performance brake pads, tightened LSD diff, performance shocks, twin race seats, harnesses, fire extinguishers, remote battery isolator, etc, etc. Engine is a standard 2L but it does have a spare with some goodies apparently (high comp pistons and cams) but it was seized when I purchased the car and I haven't pulled it apart to verify exactly what it has or hasn't got. Also comes with a spare gearbox.

Also included is a spare rolling shell in fairly average condition but it does have lightened doors with perspex windows, perspex rear window (not fitted, both race car and spare shell have glass rear windows fitted currently), mostly complete dash, seats and other misc stuff.

Now the bad, rust. Yes it does have some rust but there is still some life left in the old girl as a club car/autocross car. According to the log book it did a Winton 6hr and a Begonia Rally before I bought it, since I've had it it has done a Ballarat Light Car Club Winter Classic Rally, Mt Leura Hillclimb and numerous club autocross/motorkhana events. It has NEVER missed a beat, only drama was a puncture from an overly enthusiastic sideways entry into a corner during an autocross that saw me no longer pointing the right direction or even on the track   ::)

I still have the CAMS log book as well as the BLCC (Ballarat Light Car Club) log book.

Car is in Ballarat and can be viewed anytime after 4:30, I need the car gone by the end of the year. It hasn't been started in a few years but was running great prior to parking it, I just got too busy to use it. Obviously it is sold as is where is with no warranty etc, etc.

Price, I would love 1k for it but am open to offers, especially if it goes to another Alfa tragic.

Contact Simon on 0411 720 457 or via PM here.

P.S. all other cars visible in the pics are for sale except the GTV6 (that's the one I'm keeping).

Also short notice I know but I need it gone by the 18th Jan or it will be sent to scrap (I don't want to do that)
Current Alfas
1982 Red GTV 2.0 (first car I ever bought, building into a GTV6 rally car)
1976 Black Alfetta 1.8 Autocross car
1986 Silver GTV6 (such blast to drive)
1988 164 ($800 off ebay still registered)
1971 Berlina (sorta track prepped car, full cage etc. etc..)
1974 Berlina (spares)

Simon Francis

some more pics
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)

Simon Francis

yet more pics
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)

Simon Francis

rolling shell
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)

Simon Francis

Bump. Racecar has been sold but rolling shell is still available. A carton of refreshing beverages and she's yours
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)

Simon Francis

Rolling shell has gone for scrap, if you want any parts off it I can put you in touch with who took it
Current Alfas
1974 Berlina (spares)