JTS Injectors

Started by Sportscar Nut, January 23, 2015, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportscar Nut

Hi

Would appreciate any feedback on JTS injectors. I need a new set of injectors and am assuming I have to buy OEM injectors due to ECU. Can anyone confirm if there are any aftermarket alternatives as are damn expensive? Have purchased quality aftermarket injectors for a few of my cars and cost only slightly more than one JTS OEM injector!!!!!

Have obviously failed due to excessive carbon build up and what a painful job to replace- not happy. Can't imagine how horribly restricted the inlet manifold is.

Thanks
Paul

colcol

You need to put a manifold cleaner through every six months before you change the oil.
The cleaners are made by Nulon or you can buy one from a Subaru Dealer and you squirt half the spray can in the manifold through the hose nipple for the power brakes, leave it for about 15 minutes then start the engine and all the white smoke will come out of the exhaust pipe.
Then as the motor is running squirt the remaining contents in the manifold through the hose nipple in the manifold, to do the final clean.
Take it for a run for about 15 minutes then importantly, change the oil.
Subaru dealers do this a lot, or so i am told, they sell the cleaner so Subaru's must suffer from manifold getting dirty as well.
Youtube Mechanic Scotty Kilmer has a video on using the cleaner, for what the Americans call Direct Gas Injection.
There are other clips on Youtube for doing the cleaner in Subaru's as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

AikenDrum105

Just a little +1 for the manifold cleaner on JTS engines..  I recently picked up a JTS sportwagon which had a nasty ping going on once warmed up.   It was solely due to carbon build up in the combustion chamber and oily gunk caked in the intake manifold / back of the valves. 

I was pretty skeptical about the manifold cleaner - but three tins later and the car is a much happier camper..  I used the Threebond Petrol engine conditioner - available behind the counter at Repco and other places.   http://www.motatec.com.au/product.php?productid=17651   

Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV