Sunday Drive to the Hills Feb 22. Nunawading Alfa to Oscar's

Started by obersturm, February 23, 2015, 09:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obersturm

Hi all,

just wanted to say a big thank you to all involved to make last Sunday a very nice on for me.

Special thanks to Potsie, who had the nerve to keep up with me and my poor navigational skills for a few hours and even let me steer his "bella macchina" back home over the hills. You, sir is a real Alfisti.... :)

I was a bit sad to learn the gentle man that brought his brand new 4C to the muster point at Nunawading Alfa Romeo didn't come along for the drive. I hope his car doesn't ends up an un-driven garage queen?  8) ;D

Thanks and best regards

Obersturm

Potsie

No worries Marty. I disagree about your navigational skill's though - you were right with all of your directions. Me on the other hand am used to having the good wife sitting in the navigators seat, so I tend to ignore anything said from that side of the car  :D. I'll post some more pic's tonight too. Potsie.
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

As the day goes

Sorry to have missed the start of the drive in the end.  The info on the calendar said the drive would go a different route.

But had a ball looking there fine cars at the start.

Victor Lee

Quote from: obersturm on February 23, 2015, 09:19:32 AM
I was a bit sad to learn the gentle man that brought his brand new 4C to the muster point at Nunawading Alfa Romeo didn't come along for the drive. I hope his car doesn't ends up an un-driven garage queen?  8) ;D

Unfortunately the 4C will not be my daily driver, so yes, it will be a "garage queen" Mondays to Fridays.  But watch out on the weekends!

On Sunday, I had another important "Alfa-related" event to attend so could not go on the run.  ;D   But it was good to see some Alfa friends again, be it briefly.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

obersturm

Quote from: Victor Lee on February 23, 2015, 07:22:23 PM
Quote from: obersturm on February 23, 2015, 09:19:32 AM

Unfortunately the 4C will not be my daily driver, so yes, it will be a "garage queen" Mondays to Fridays.  But watch out on the weekends!

On Sunday, I had another important "Alfa-related" event to attend so could not go on the run.  ;D   But it was good to see some Alfa friends again, be it briefly.

Hey Victor,

That is good to know. I am sure it is a blast to drive?

What is the old saying: "Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." That is a quote from James 'Jim' Glickenhaus  8) ;D

Thanks and best regards

Obersturm