Sports exhaust on a 147 Twin Spark?

Started by Andiroid, June 15, 2015, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andiroid

Hi, I'm wanting to get a bit of "sound" from my new 147. Has anyone done this before? What's the best way to go about it? Even better, does anyone have a video of theirs that shows off the sound?
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

Andrew Bose

Hi Andiroid,
I have not seen any except from overseas and noise on Youtube, but if you come across anything please can you let me know as I may be interested.
Thanks

Andiroid

No problem, I'll see what I can come up with. I thought there may have been some one on here that has had an after market exhaust put on?

Cool Jesus

I've had an after market exhaust installed on the 147 and my spider, not to mention a bunch if others I've owned over the years. I have an exhaust man in Penrith that is very old skool and is involved in motor sports too. He uses his own tubing along with a locally made muffler, but he as can anyone also instal any off the shelf units. Sound? It depends on what you seek, if the exhaust shop knows what they are doing they should be able to accommodate your tastes. I have a video on here for the spider exhaust. The 147 is at the panel beaters, but I'll see what I can do about a video for it. For me, the Alfas have history and I wasn't interested in a canon out the back. I had him instal something that would come alive in the upper rev range but just burble otherwise. You also need to expect the sound to mellow a little as the system is worn in.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Andiroid