Restore trims on my 147

Started by giovannidc, July 13, 2015, 03:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giovannidc

So, my 147 is a 2004 model and it looks good for it's age. Still, i wanna do my best to make it look good.
Do you guys know/use any product that can restore a nice black on the exterior trims?
I want a permanent solution, not just a temporary workaround if possible.

V AR 164

I don't know any permanent solutions, but the black wipe/spray on products at auto stores are pretty good, they last a fairly long time.
I'm a bit of a cheapo, so for short term solutions I spray tyre shine on a cloth and wipe it on the black plastic bits of my car, I also 'spray paint' the inner wheel arch liners with tyre shine  8)
Works!

However, I guess if you want a permanent solution up you can purchase new trims? Not the best solution though hahaha.

Andrew.

Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Garibaldi

Quote from: giovannidc on July 13, 2015, 03:56:36 PM
So, my 147 is a 2004 model and it looks good for it's age. Still, i wanna do my best to make it look good.
Do you guys know/use any product that can restore a nice black on the exterior trims?
I want a permanent solution, not just a temporary workaround if possible.

I'm not sure there is a permanent solution. I too have a 2004 147, I use the wipe on products you can buy in most auto stores and they work really well. Sure you have to reapply them from time to time but that's all part of the fun of owning an Alfa.  :)