Casual work

Started by Doug Gould, September 18, 2015, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

I may have the need for some drivers for 2 - 8 weeks in November - February. None of the projects are confirmed by my clients yet, but its looking likely. I cannot have anyone not on a full licence (ie you definitely cannot be on P-plates) and I have a very strong preference for over 25 years old. I need mechanical aptitude, but not necessarily great mechanical experience. I need some exposure to 4WD / rough / remote roads, but not necessarily a lot of experience in these conditions. Many of my drivers have been semi-retired or filling in during a career change.

Normally, I hide my company when advertising, but this is the Alfa Club, so I won't. The job will be driving for a test project for an overseas based manufacturer. But, its not the test driving that everyone imagines (which is why I avoid revealing it as test driving). The key skills are to drive safely, follow a test routine and collect data. Its interesting, but not exciting. It does not involve driving to the limit or pushing the car. We replicate normal user driving patterns. Depending on the project, it might go to some great places and there may be a reasonable component of driving interstate.

email me at doug@test-trak.com

08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

ANG156

Damn, I thought this may have been a good way for me to get a car that i could use for a bit while I found another car considering i just sold my 156 (pending pick up)