Source for rear brake discs for 75 TS?

Started by GTVeloce, January 21, 2016, 01:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

My rear brake discs have worn down and need replacing. Does anyone know a good, cheap supplier in the Melbourne area other than the usual Alfa service centres? Nothing against them but hoping to save money here so I can spend it with them on something else!

I found an EBC set on ebay for $105 for two discs but they advertise they are suitable for TS and V6 and I am under the impression the bolt holes are different (8 vs 10mm) so loath to buy from that source.

jazig.k

Bolt holes are different sizes, yep. Wouldn't surprise me if they just sell the 10mm holed discs for both applications.

Supercheap, Autobarn, Bursons etc etc all have access to them if you want to order them in. I don't remember what I paid but I got a pair through supercheap over 10 years ago.

colcol

Carefull about buying Brembo discs off ebay, they are most likely Chinese knockoffs at such a cheap price.
Buy from local reputable outlets such as Repco, Bursons, Supercheap.
But if it was me i would try Italian Automotive Spares, Milano Spares, Monza Motors, etc, as they have most likely sussed out the good ones from the rubbish, after all, they are your brakes and you don't want them failing.
Some of the cheap rotors are horribly out of balance to start off with, and with a bit of heat they can warp.
I purchased a set of Italian made front and rear rotors for the 156 a few years ago, from one of our sponsors, and they didn't cost too much and they have performed fine, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Garibaldi

Great advice Col, you are a wealth of knowledge regarding the best parts, accessories and oils to use. Will we be seeing you at Federation Square next Sunday? :D

colcol

Yes, the club will be having a great display at Federation Sqaure in the city at the old Gas and Fuel site on Sunday 31st of January, drop in and see a display of Alfa Romeo cars from different periods and types and say hello to the custodians of these fine vehicles, weather forcast at this stage is 24c, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]