New seals

Started by ltyler, June 19, 2016, 10:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ltyler

Needing new rubber seals for doors and windows on a Sud ti - no idea where to start looking. Any help appreciated.

colcol

In Melbourne, try Bill Thomson Auto rubbers in Bayswater, Rare Spares at various locations, Clark Rubber may be worth a look, they all never have quite the correct rubber, but something close, for a 40 year old car, also try Suds on line in England, but like anything from overseas, freight will be high, hope this helps, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

poohbah

I bought a couple of inner door seals for my GTV from Clark Rubber, and they do the job perfectly and cost almost nothing.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

GTVeloce

Scott's Old Rubber in Melbourne might have something.

ltyler

Thanks for the leads guys.

poohbah

I should have added you will need to do a bit of mix and matching at Clarks to find something that might be similar to the original seals in your car.

The inner door seals I had to replace are pretty simple without overly complicated channels or grooves, so I was able to find something roughly equivalent. Make sure you take a cross-section of the original with you wherever you go.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)