147 body computer repairs

Started by dehne, August 23, 2016, 06:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

I know I could put this in the other section but want other to see if they can help, I believe my body comp needs replacing, left rear indicator is staying on all the time even when car is turned off, and there is a left side light failure, no rear light, (brake light ls work) has anyone else had this issue,
I did pull the body comp out had a look cleaned it with an electrical spray cleaner hoping it would fix it but no! I need to fix the problem so I can get a RWC done on the car so I can change ownership into my name.
Thanks
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Bobulon

I think I have a problem with mine too as my cruise control has stopped working on the GTA after it took a bump. If you know someone who can solder really well you can try resoldering the board as sometimes the solders crack (Bazzbazz told me this) But replacing it means also getting a new matched ECU and transponder for your key I think

dehne

I looked at mine just by naked eye and could not see any issues but will probably look again with a magnifine glass
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Mick A

Quote from: Bobulon on August 23, 2016, 06:53:14 PM
I think I have a problem with mine too as my cruise control has stopped working on the GTA after it took a bump. If you know someone who can solder really well you can try resoldering the board as sometimes the solders crack (Bazzbazz told me this) But replacing it means also getting a new matched ECU and transponder for your key I think

Gday mate, this won't be the body computer, it will most likely be brake light switch or the clutch switch at fault.

Should be an easy fix.

Mick

Mick A

Dehne, going from experience and from what you've described, your body computer is cactus. You'll definitely need a replacement BCM/ECU/Key transponder set.

Mick.