gtv6 gp

Started by grpa9x, December 22, 2008, 01:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grpa9x

hi all,
Can any one confirm if there  ever was any articles or brochures highlighting the gtv6 gp,
thanks in advance michael :) ;)

John Hanslow

Not sure about brochures, but here is a link to Cars Guide feature artice on this classic Alfa.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/stories/story/alfa_gtv6_gp_italian_job_pays_dividends/

May be some owners may have details of special sales brochure etc.

Good luck.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

grpa9x

john,
thanks for the reply, i am sure i read on a post some time ago where somebody mentioned they had read about the differences the gp had, that is what i am trying to chase down.
regards michael :)

1750GT

Michael try this site (below) especially set up for the GTV6:

http://www.alfagtv6.com/

Under the technical section (left hand side site menu) there are articals/info on the GTV6 including the GP, FAQ sections, manuals and forums where you can hook up with other owners. Wikapedia also has limited info under GTV6. Wikapedia also has other links you can go to for more info:

Hope you find what you're after.

1750GT

alanm

Hi Michael

I bought a GP about a year ago and spent a fair bit of time trying to track down information about the car.
Didn't have much luck except for an obscure Belgian/French website.

I have a December 1986 copy of 'Quadrifoglio' magazine published by Alfa Romeo Australia with a story about the cars launch.
It describes the the 'sportier facelift by Rayton Fissore as follows;
'a new wrap around front spoiler incorporating fog lamps... new front grille, side skirts, wheel arch flairs and a rear black rubber wing'. In addition to this of course the motor was tweaked to comply with UPL regulations.

Other details that I know of are the Rayton Fissore badges behind the front wheel arches and valve covers with ALFA ROMEO embossed in sans serif (not script) though I am not sure that this is unique to GP's (could be all 1986 GTV6). The Campagnollo wheels were unique to the GP (and the Alfa 90) I think. The 'tea tray' on the bonnet and vent covers on the rear quarter panels on my car are gunmetal coloured not black as on standard GTV6. Also, the GP had the 'isostatic' gearbox (improved linkages to help with the notorious gear change)??

Thats as much as I know I think!

Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

grpa9x

Thanks for your replies , certainly a start,
cheers michael ;D