Alfa 105 GT Junior Track car

Started by Stuart Thomson, October 08, 2023, 10:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Hi All,

Unfortunately the time has come to part ways with my 105 track car.  I have not raced it since going overseas some 7 years ago and it needs a new home.  Comes with the registered trailer, single axle.

Car has many modifications, here's the ones I can remember;
Twin spark engine from a 164 (UK)
twin Weber 40s (reproduction)
twin spark distributor
LSD (can't remember the ratio)
lightened gear set
Alfaholics Watts Link rear suspension (installed by Maranello Pursang)
Alfaholics front and rear brakes
Remote shifter for gearbox
Electronic instrumentation including datalogger
Fibreglass dash
O2 sensor installed
Alternator changed
Alfaholics fuel tank
GTA style rims with worn R-tyres
Full camera system

Now for the bad things, motor has not run for about 7 years, I think it has a split liner or disloged liner seal as it showed the symptoms of a head gasket failure, but I replaced that and one cylinder still had water in it.  I sprayed the insides of the engine with WD40 or something similar before laying the vehicle up.  It has rust, the car was originally sourced from the front yard of some bloke and had been there for some time.  I stripped it back and resprayed the car, Paul Rankin attended to the bad rust, but this is not an original shell.  It had a welded in roll cage, this may be a plus for some!  Some of the rust is reappearing... It's a 105 after all.

The car was pretty quick in my hands and I'm sure could be faster in the hands of someone who can steer it properly.  It was a blast to drive, I have been pondering this decision for about 2 years and I have to let it go.

Email is the best way to contact me.  stuart.thomson156@gmail.com.

I'm after $20k, but am open to negotiation.

Cheers
Stu

Stuart Thomson

Car is now sold pending payment and pickup.