2014 Giulietta TCT gearbox oil change

Started by Normand, July 28, 2024, 10:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normand

I'm struggling to find a mechanic to change the oil in the TCT gearbox in my 2014 1.4ltr Giulietta Progression. Nobody seems to want to touch it.

I'm a fitter so don't have any problems with mechanical work but can't find anything definitive on how it's done, whether or not there's a filter to change and, the one that I'm really not sure about the procedure for changing the oil in the Seles actuator.

I've found reference to using Tutela CS Speed 75W for the transmission and Motul ATF VI for the Seles actuator Can anybody confirm that?

Thanks in advance.

bazzbazz

Ok, there are two fluids involved with the TCT transmission.

1/ The Actuator Fluid - It only needs to be changed if there has been some sort of problem with the internal components of the actuator hydraulic system, and then ONLY use Tutela CS Speed 75W, nothing else. So in other words, leave it alone unless needed.

2/ Then there is the actual gearbox oil itself. There is a filler plug on top of the gearbox, make sure you can get this off first before draining the gearbox. Then there is a drain plug on the underside of the gearbox, once drained refit drain plug and refill. Correct oil is 1.9 L of TUTELA TRANSMISSION GEARFORCE, available from most Alfa service centres.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au