Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

my mistake, i think i follow now.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sam

Yes,   I actually had the chance of getting a very good, Quad Cam 3.0ltr from UK, landed here for just over $2K.  I thought it would go well in my Alfetta GTV
I guess it was just a pipe dream.
Once I considered all the other expenses, including the Vic Road engineers cost, etc, etc, etc ....
I settled for a Twin Spark motor instead.
The engineer said there it would be much easier going from 2.5ltr-V6 to 3.0ltr-V6, but going from  4 to 6 cylinder engine was the problem. 
If I had a GTV6 to start with – probably wouldn't be a such a problem.

Anyway, I was just trying to make people aware of this before someone goes down the path and finds out they can't get the car registered, or that they need to spend more than they thought. (Assuming they want to get it registered)

1750GT

Spot on Sam and in any event shoving a bigger cylinder engine into a car is always an issue. The other thing that people don't realise unless they undertake a careful conversion of the whole car is that invariably like most manufacturers including Alfa, the four cylinder spec model model wont have the right weight bearing frame, cross members, torsional rigidity, bakes package, springs etc. etc. of the six model, so unless your doing a "whole of car" conversion, your always going to have issues, that's probably why the engineers won't even look at a car unless it's been properly engineered all over, especially if it's going to be registered.

1750GT