Your opinion on wrecking 105??

Started by goran, April 20, 2009, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Hi,

I am wondering is it worth to wreck my GT junior 1600, 1750 engine, i am selling the whole car now for 3000 so the question is is it possible to get 3 k  out of the parts?

Thanks

Davidm1600

A really quick question, just how bad condition is it in, since this will dictate quite a lot.  Eg. is the body rusty, dented or straight and not too rusty.  If it is ok, why would you wish to wreck it.  What are the mechanicals like, good, ok or stuffed since ditto equally applies.  Lastly what is the exterior interior trim like, since once more the same applies. 

In short stripping down a 105 coupe and selling off the parts will certainly generate interest and likely $$$ and quite probably you would get your $3k, the alternative is to either to try to sell it off locally, in the trading post, or via the Alfa club/forum or even the AlfaBB or why not keep it and slowly restore it. 

However, to give you some idea on prices you might expect to get for the major items. Doors if straight and/or not too rusty $200-300, bootlid $300-400, Bonnet, $150 +, engine if ok $1000 +, gearbox if Ok $200-400 ?? (it cost me $1100 in new parts to fully rebuild my gearbox and I bought a 2nd hand engine from Milanos for $1100 plus freight to Hobart) and then you go onto all the trims, plus interior bits, which certainly would generate further $$.  Ebay might possibly generate the best prices, alternatively try advertising here on the forum or the Alfa magazine.   

Hope that helps a little.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

goran

Look at the photos in the selling section.There is rust but it is fixible. Mechanics are in good condition and interior,door trims,carpets are in very good condition.

If nobody wants it for that price i am considering wrecking it.

There is no dints, in the doors but there is some rust.bonnet and back boot are perfect.

Suspension and brakes are in very good condition.

Any interest?