Air Filters/Cleaners

Started by Barry Edmunds, May 15, 2009, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Edmunds

Anyone have any experience with Pipercross air filters?

I need a new air cleaner for my car but would like to contact someone who has used the above brand before handing over any hard earned.

Barry

pep105

Barry
Do you mean the single dome filter across 2 carbies with the backing plate as per below ?
Have heard good reviews about this setup used in conjunction with pipercross trumpets
but don't know anyone who has them. Maybe a question for the 105 tech night

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

shiny_car

what car is it for?

if it's a 105, can't help there.

for more modern alfas, Pipercross is a good choice. nice quality from all reports. i haven't used one, but thought about it for my 155, but couldn't source one quick enough (made to order for this car apparently). aside from Pipercross, there's BMC, Autodelta, and K&N to mention a few.

ended up with a K&N in the 155. even though it requires the hassle of special cleaning agent and re-oiling, it was easy to buy (i generally buy most alfa aftermarket parts from overseas). in my GT, i've recently fitted a foam Autodelta filter. i chose this because it's not oiled, making it much easier to clean (wash in soapy water, then allow to dry). rumours of adverse effects on the AFM put me off the oiled versions, though i don't really buy into those rumours!

i'm referring to drop-in filters btw.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Barry Edmunds

I am looking for a replacement filter for my Giulia Super. I have very limited under bonnet space available so would like info on dimensions of the Pipercross unit. Would also like to contact anyone using one of these to find out about induction noise.

I did try to get same info from K&N but could not find anyone from their suppliers who was interested in helping.

Thanks

Barry

scott.venables

Hi Barry.  Have a look at this link to the K&N carb application listing.

http://www.knfilters.com/Racing/customcarb.htm

Hope it helps,
Scott

Barry Edmunds

Scott

Thanks for the info. Might solve the problem.

Barry