ALfa 156 jts dashboard polish

Started by DDALFA, July 28, 2009, 03:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDALFA

All alfa champs,

wanting to know what is the best product to re-vitalize the interiors (Dashboard) of alfa 156 jts, I tried using armorall (too shiny) dries out quickly leaving the dashboard looking like dead plastic. As you all know

Tried ICE (turtle) product top of the range, didnt make any diffrence (suggested by Supercheap auto experts). they couldnt even recognise what kind of material does the dashboard and doors have? Bloody now i have few white patches on my rear door, luckily very few like aged white plastic.

went to autobahn, the guy tried some stuff which he thought is best, then came up with the answer "Sorry sir this is some kind of rubber and plastic high tech composite" Hehe.

and the search is still on! ..i know i am an idiot not asking the question to right people, but now better late than sorry .....i am here and asking the question! ???

dehne

hi there i use the armorall cloths u buy from a carwash cost $2 then i usea microfibre cloth on it after worksand itstill looks new
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

John Hanslow

I have used a range of Auto Glym products from Autobarn.

I actually bought Vinyl & Rubber care for the plastic pumper on the 164 and used it a bit on the inside.  Otherwise I used their leather protector product as it was not too greasy or shiny for that matter but did have a rich cream base (and the instructions did say you could use it on plastic).

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

DDALFA

Thanks gents,

I might give it a go with the leather care, the problem with armorall products is , they are silicone based and any silicon based attaracts dust.

do you know what's the material of internal console made up of? is it plastic? or composite or some kind of leather, over the guages it is kinda soft while on doors it is hard like plastic,

talking to one of the guy at workplace suggested Vinyl & Leather Protectant from toughseal: not sure if you have come accross this one,

http://www.toughseal.com.au/paint-protection-product-range.php

shiny_car

i would highly recommend Poorboy's Natural Look.

http://www.waxit.com.au/proddetail.asp?prod=PB0012&cat=9

'detailing' is a hobby of mine. whilst i haven't used heaps of products on the market, i can vouch for the PB's product. it is water based, smells nice, provides a 'clean' non-shiny look, that isn't oily or slippery.

waxit in QLD are great to deal with too, so they are a great place to buy from.

agreed, ArmorAll is terrible stuff. it's marketed well (which is why people know about it!), but it's FAR from a good product for this purpose (despite what the product may claim  :P ).

you could also try 303 Aerospace. but i reserve this for the vinyl car bra i have.

Autoglym Bumper Care, as suggested, is also a good product, but use it for external plastics/trims. and probably the best plastic restorer (mostly for external trims) is Black Wow.

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/speciality_brands/black_wow

CCP in SYD are also a great team to buy products from. no risk.

most people will not have heard of these brands/products. neither had i, until i researched. they are more like specialty products, and not generic off-the-shelf brands sold at discount stores.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Doug Gould

The Armorall new car finish stuff is not too bad. But the best thing is the Meguairs Vinyl & Rubber stuff. I buy it in 5 litre containers and it mixes with water. You might need to go to a panel beaters supply to get it.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Auto Glym – Vinyl and Rubber Care.  I find this one to be pretty good.
Mothers – Plastic Polish (but only on smooth surfaces)

However, I am keen to explore some of suggestions from shiny_car.  I have not heard of these before and sometimes, the best products are the obscure ones.

Cheers,

Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

lombardi

Best for interior trim is a nice clean moist shamois-no shine-cleans and removes dust-comes up like new-use silicone based products and it can premature the ageing process--also microfibre dry cloth is good at removing dust- SAVE YOUR MONEY AND JUST USE PROTECTIVE PRODUCTS FOR EXTERIOR TRIM-IN SYDNEY OMIKRON OR AUTOSMART HAVE EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE IN THE FIELD AND THEYRE PRODUCTS ARE VERY WELL PRICED-these companies supply all dealerships and car detailers in oz-meguiars is very good in polishes for exteriors and theyre leather protection is good, but they are only chep in the usa.here in oz they are very expensive.CIAO
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999