WTB GTV6 2.5Litre Under 5K

Started by turboalfa, August 12, 2009, 07:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboalfa

hey guys looking for a GTV6 under 5 K anyone please call me on
0431181637 Laurence
or message me any time of the day guys will get back to you asap.

GTV6 3.0L

Simon Aarons

I am guessing you are not worried about the condition?? Anything half decent will probably set you back 6 or 7k.

Maybe give some of the sponsors a call? Some are wreckers too and are always getting cars. Try Monza Motors - 9729 9946.
1986 GTV6 3.0L

turboalfa

yea just looking for something half decent .. just want to get my hands on it for a restore project and give it a small make over haha  ;D
GTV6 3.0L

Simon Aarons

Sounds like a good plan... I did the same thing about 4 years ago. Bought one for $5,500 and have done bit by bit over the years to fix it up.. but there is still more to do and i have a feeling there will be for some years to come! haha.

It's up to you but you can either look for one with great mechanics and an average body or vise versa - luckly mine has great mechanics so it has always been reliable, it is also very reliable in the rust department.
1986 GTV6 3.0L

JOHN G

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Simon Aarons

QuoteUnder 5 k would be money pit.

If you are unable to fix it up yourself i would believe you could easily spend upto 10k on body/mechanical work over time or all at once to get it to a very nice condition.

Or! you can spend 15,000 straight up and buy one in great condition. So how can one under 5k be anymore of a money pit than a 15k one?
1986 GTV6 3.0L

JOHN G

Quote from: Simon Aarons on August 15, 2009, 11:11:51 AM
QuoteUnder 5 k would be money pit.

If you are unable to fix it up yourself i would believe you could easily spend upto 10k on body/mechanical work over time or all at once to get it to a very nice condition.

Or! you can spend 15,000 straight up and buy one in great condition. So how can one under 5k be anymore of a money pit than a 15k one?

I repeat for Simon under five grand would be a money pit!
Buying a GTV6 for under 5 K then spending more than twice just to get it to a decent level defines a money pit.
Simon do you self a favour and buy a dictionary...
Definition:     any entity or venture which requires much money for maintenance and drains financial resources.

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

alfa.nuvolari

"any entity or venture which requires much money for maintenance and drains financial resources" Doesn't that make ALL Alfas money pits?

JOHN G

Yes it sure does and all women I have dated have a money pit I mean are a money pit ;).
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Red Devil GTV6

Check out www.carpoint.com.au

There are a few GTV6 on there for sale.

Cheers

Davidm1600

The cheapest one there is $8900, the most expensive $23K.  Definitely none available there at the moment sub $5K.  But then again sub $5K GTV6s are not all that common from my observations and usually have significant problems, ie. major rust or mechanical/trim issues.  Good luck in the search.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Mile Jurcic

Hi,

Just saw a 1986, ALFA ROMEO GTV6, Brisbane, Private Used, $2,000 at carsguide.com.au

Might be worth a look but has money pit written all over it.

Fylnn

You get the impression that if you jacked it up it might split in half.  A bit rusty.