Is this the best (non-Alfa) car in the world?

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, September 01, 2009, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad M

06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

1750GT

I know I've trawled this one on other threads, but I'm still to find a more sick Alfa 105 than this one, a 105 with a mustang V8, an Alfa pony car. See below:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/09/alfa-romeo-gtv-with-ford-mustang-v8.html

1750GT

Davidm1600

I am not so sure about being the most sick 105 project.  I am aware of a guy over in WA who is working on shoe-horning in a Ferrari V8 into his stepnose, and just recently there was another guy over in the US who was planning on installing a Montreal V8 into his 2L GTV.

But and, lastly, is Tom Gold's incredible marriage of a Alfetta GTV6 chassis, including full drive train and partial interior with a 2L 105 shell, nicknamed the wolf (my nickname for the car which somehow stuck).  Check it out on YouTube or the BB.  In managing to build this car up he had to increase the length of the front guards and bonnet. etc. And best of all the car once finished will be painted Ninja bright green.  ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

1750GT

DavidM, I think it's pretty good. I have heard of the attempt at the Ferrari shoe horn but not seen any photo's. I also had a bit of a look for tom goulds project but no luck. I did however find this poor sods dream (see below) to bring this Alfa back from the dead. Now if this guy successfully restores this vehicle back to mint, engine transplant or otherwise I think he will win the cigars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgtXgPY916k

1750GT

pep105

Shouldnt be too hard if he buys every repair section and panel available ;D
I feel a lot better now
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Davidm1600

1750GT, yes I have seen that poor wreck of a 1300 Gt junior before and can't believe it would be possible, and Pep I reckon the poor sod needs a new shell, a few panels won't really help him, since given the amount of rust on the outside there can't be much left of the chassis either.  A source of spares at best I reckon.

Ok, the link to Tom Gold (not Gould) is via youtube: alfa romeo gtv 1972 (wolf) -TGold.  Or alternatively to see the whole build thread go to the Alfabb and search within the For Sale section under:  The leopard lives.  Tom is a panel man/mechanic in the US who restores mostly Italian classics, but has a couple of 105 GTV  projects, one called the Leopard (because of its striking paint job) and the other is referred to as the Wolf, as a result of me once referring to it as a wolf in sheep's clothing.  He has some pretty interesting plans for the Wolf's final incarnation.  Tom seems like  nice guy and has promised me a drive of the car if I ever can get over his way.  It would be a real blast.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

1750GT

DavidM, finally found it, looks like it could be beauty when finished, but I've got to say that the one of have linked is a full bore completed project, interior/exterior/engine etc. and its got a small block V8?

Don't know about the slime green thing either, it will be interesting to see the final product.

1750Gt