Peeling Headlights

Started by AR116, September 08, 2009, 10:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR116

Hi All,

I own a 156 and I have noticed that my headlights are peeling. Since I am fixing my front bar i decided it would be a good idea to fix the headlights as well before putting everything back together. At the moment the headlights are all flaky. I looked on other forums and apparently alfa use a covering to protect the headlights because they are plastic. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. Other Alfa forums say to rub the whole light down with wet and dry then use meguiars plastic x to polish the light. But some people have replied saying it is not a good idea to this beacause over time they will just go yellow and the whole point of the covering is to protect the lights from UV rays since they are plastic. A friend of mine said to rub the whole light down in 1200 grit wet and dry then spray a 2pak clear over it. Since the clear is transparent, he said the light would be protected and still work fine. The clear would act the same way as clear works on car spray jobs. I am sort of hesitant to try it and would like to know if anyone else has some ideas?

Thanks