Bastards

Started by Mat Francis, October 03, 2009, 11:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

Well for today's adventures i went to the 75, which had been parked on the nature strip overnight, to find that some thoughtful f***wit has broken the driver's door lock with a screwdriver, opened the car and proceeded to spray the entire contents of the 1kg fire extinguisher that lives in the car into the cabin. Didn't bother to take the radio or the loose change, just basically destroy the interior of the car.

Tomorrow will be spent trying to get the powder out, and hope everything still works.

Knowing how many people are wrecking these cars for parts anyway, any chance somebody has a spare set of locks with keys? i have a couple of spare doors, but no keys for them. Would i be better off, or is it even possible, to have a key made up for one of these locks?

I'm a bit dumbfounded at where to start in rectifying such a disgusting act.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

UNICO

Sorry to hear the bad news, Your unfortunate discovery has made me think twice about parking my GTV6 on the road which also has a fire extinguisher attached on the floor on the passenger seat. Maybe I should take it out. My GTV got broken into about 15 years ago, the b$%tards had a smoke while removing the stereo, they burnt holes through my carpet and gear shift boot. I had just put in the Alpine stereo the night before. Anyway, I cant help you with the lock, but I'm sure someone on the forum will.

Ed

ProvaRacing

Sorry to hear that Mat and Ed, I too many years ago had my bella molested...there really are some jealous creeps around.

redalfaracing

mat, i have 75 locks and keys
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

Mat Francis

Thanks Greg. Gonna go start fixing it now, I will probably give you a ring in the next day or two i would imagine.

Any yes Ed, it is safe to say i won't be keeping fire extinguishers in the car anymore.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

alfagtv152

Hi Mat,
Sorry to hear that,there are some real low lifes around.Make sure you clean as many electrical switches and contacts as possible as that powder with moisture is very corrosive.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

scuzzyGTV

sorry to hear that mat
just be careful not to breath in much of the powder as you could end up with a bad case of the runs  ???
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

dehne

what pricks also if you took the other locks to a locksmith they could cut keys for you
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's