ALFA 159 Q4 - 3.2 V6 - ENGINE ECC.- MOTORE\CAMBIO , ECC on ebay

Started by redalfaracing, January 17, 2010, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redalfaracing

I was trolling though ebay and found this in ebay Italy, ALFA 159 Q4 - 3.2 V6 - ENGINE ECC.- MOTORE\CAMBIO , ECC .

Item number:   300351025680

Thought it was cheap for what it was, just need to find a use for it.

Maybe you can??

Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

alfagtv152

Hi Greg,
Looks like AWD alright but doesn't look like V6,looks like a 4 cylinder I reckon.
Don't tell me you still haven't joined the Club YET!,you have contributed plenty and always enjoy following your progress in the Rally scene,engineering and Building your cars.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

redalfaracing

thats what i thought, but i wasn't aware they put a 4 cylinder in the awd.

Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

AGM155

Nah that is the V6.

Although they also do a 2.4 JTD Q4 in Europe too.

bteoh

It's logistically a difficult task to imoport a used engine from Europe. For a start, it's very expensive privately unless you've contacts in the shipping industry. Looked at importing an engine from Greece and the red tape is rather discouraging :(

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

You can tell it's the V6 by the example of what will never make the 'top 1,000 milestones in Italian design' – the engine cover.
Do you think their usual designer was off work the day they sat down to sketch that one up?  We cant even say its GM's fault.
I cringe every time I open the bonnet.  Thankfully that's not very often.
Cheers,
Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

redalfaracing

Actually, it is not that hard to bring in stuff from Europe. A few years back i brought in a 3l v6 engine and 2 transaxles from UK. there is a crowd in PT Melbourne called "Roberts Shipping". They handled it for me. The charge then was $420 Gatwick to Pt Melbourne for < than cubic metre & < than a Tonne.
Worked out $1200 for the items inc all shipping, taxes and charges Pick up at Pt Melb. Pay that for 1 transaxle here.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC