Ross Holder

Started by Doug Gould, February 07, 2010, 01:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

For those who know Ross and may be interested, as of 2 weeks ago, he now lives in Thailand. He has taken a job with one of my company's clients who modified 4WD vehicles for sale to NGO's & militaries in the SE Asian / Middle East. He is in the process of selling his house & his going cars. Before he made this decision he started to restore is red GTV6. This was done by Tom Bilston in Hamilton who works with us. By the time it was finished he was in the count down to leaving. That car has been sold to an engineer from Bosch who I hope we'll see at club sprints. Ross' 105 GTV has been trailered to Hamilton where Tom will finish restoring it. The plan is that it will then be shipped to Thailand. Ross also has a partially rebuilt 2 litre engine which Tom will finish. The current plan is that it too will go to Thailand to be fitted to a Guilia Super that Ross has found there.

Ross will return to Australia half a dozen times a year to continue doing V8 supercar commentary support for Neil Crompton / Mark Skaife, but that's it.

In the meantime I still have a Citroen C6 & Renault Megane Sport to sell if anyone is interested (I think a deal on the C6 will be done tonight). 

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Brad M

All the best to Ross, sounds like an adventure.

Some more details on the Renault Megane Sport may peak some interest.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Doug Gould

The Citroen C6 sold to the first guy that rang. Since then there have been a few calls. Don't quite get the Citroen people. I'm driving the Renault Megane Sport at the moment. I've sold my 159 and I'm going to take over my wife's Brera after she gets a new Toureg next week. The Renault is one of the most appealing cars I've driven. We actually helped with the engine calibration of this model in 2002. It was our first test work at Woomera. We spent 3 weeks basically driving up and down the runway at Woomera. I also did the high speed run on a closed road inside the Prohibited Area. From memory 5km at 240 km/h. It was the period when the detention centre was closing and basically every night there was a party for nurses / social workers / teachers, etc who were leaving.

Ross' car is on carsales with photos. Its a 2007 model. Its an ex dealer principals wife's car. 3 door with approx 40,000km. No damage history and full dealer service record. Its a complete fail if you want anyone in the rear seats regularly, they are difficult to get into and a little claustrophobic because of the window shape. If you want WRX performance with European style, this is a very good thing. Its on Carsales at $23.5k with some room to move.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle