Wanted--GTV6 good cond -83-84-85-86 model

Started by lombardi, February 10, 2010, 07:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lombardi

Time to realise my dream,sold my 166 to make way for a GTV6,will use as a every day driver,i know of the one in vic alps plus ones on ebay + ones at maranello pursang, but there might be one lurking about--possibly closer to home(syd),must be original cond-not tarted up.ciao
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

carjunky

Have a look at carsales .com under GTV 6 a red 1986 ,it looks like a grand prix one but I am not 100% sure, looks great.

GoldCLoverLeaf

I looked at the Grand Prix for sale in Sydney several months ago when a dealer had it with the same pictures (i think the dealer still has it, or someone affiliated with the dealer), it is a good example, probably a decent buy if you can get the seller to drop a few thousand as it is not nearly good enough to justify the price he is asking.

There are rips in the interior, dash cracks, speaker holes cut into the doors, but no speakers fitted, engine bay presentation is average etc. I'd be very surprised if the listed km's are accurate.

The body appears good (has been resprayed), somebody drilled holes in the rear hatch to fit a spoiler at some stage, which are currently plugged with gromets.

Might be worth a look, but better ones do come up with a lower price if you are patient.

lombardi

Thanks a million for your opinion,saved some fruitless investigation-true that some good ones come up-what about the white one on the north shore-with sunroof and vgc went for $5000,very hard to determine what is a reasonable price.rgrds ciao
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
166 silver 1999

GoldCLoverLeaf

It's hard to say, but i would budget around $8-10k for a nice one, good drivers needing cosmetic work can be had for around 6k or less. There was a silver one for sale awhile back in very nice original condition (i met the original owner once, an elderly female doctor) and the new owner was moving it on asking $9,000, i think it went pretty quickly.

The odd one pops up for silly money, but realistically there are very few examples near concours quailty, and even if one does come on the market in such a condition i would assume it would struggle to get more than $15k for it, unless you could eat off the bottom of it.  ;)

Davidm1600

Hey Lombardi, depending on what precisely you can afford or want, my pick of the GTV6s currently for sale would be the '85 white one in Melbourne currently for sale for 10,900, with a black interior, 160,000Kms on the clock (Pursang history). As some may recall I was very seriously interested in getting one recently, until the wifey kyboshed my plans to sell my 156 JTS wagon.  I had a couple of e-mails with the guy selling it (David) and from what he mentioned to me it sounded and looks like a decent car. 

There is a cheaper white one on carsales, also in Melbourne for $6800 ono, which was previously listed here under the For Sale section for $6500 which is also probably fine, though an earlier model.  There is also currently a red one with sunroof in Queensland for $4K with faded roof and some rust.  Not sure about that one, I guess it depends on how bad the rust is.  Or alternatively there is the silver one for $35K, which perhaps is a little over-optomistic !!  ;D

As ever with cars of this age, getting them checked out would be the best option.  I will get one too but obviously not for the time being.  :(   Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

lombardi

Ciao Dave,grazie mille for your info-have already spoken to dave,ie white gtv and received history from maranello,this ones definite on my list   -red one in qld needs big money and migraines to get it roadworthy,thus its ruled out- i really love the rosso one of pauls in vic alps,but $15k stretches the budget a bit,especially since ive got to spend a bit more on it to give it a once over mechanically,silver one at maranello looks awesome as well,id like to buy one in every colour to be honest-- i am having fun looking and my dream is about to become reality in the near future.many thanks
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
166 silver 1999

lombardi

By the way dave,the one for $6800,is sold-rang him twice,keeps tell me its sold-but doesnt take of carsales--go figure.ciao
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
166 silver 1999

Evan Bottcher

Hi Dave, Lombardi,

If you're talking about DavidT's GTV6 at Maranello Pur Sang - it's silver, not white.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

pep105

Bit confusing but, I think theres a white GTV6 owned by David in Brunswick with Marenello service history then theres the silver one at Marenello owned by DavidT.

Ohh the red one in QLD is an early split dash 83 model which as discussed in an earlier thread is rare, also the price has dropped to $ 3500 just for info not as a recomendation
Cheers
Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

lombardi

Too right pep-white and silver both serv by maranello-silver is in theyr possession at the moment getting fixed,about $2500 on repairs,i noticed red one has dropped but needs big money spent according to the owner,very rusty and lots of issues mech.grazie tanto for your reply"s.ciao and regards
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
166 silver 1999

Evan Bottcher

I see, my bad - didn't think it was that easy to mistake white and silver. Silver car is definitely very tidy and original - seems to me the right kind of car.

Good luck!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

lombardi

Your a legend,im on to it,looks awesome,ciao and regards
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=