show of interest for fibreglass 90 panels

Started by dehne, March 05, 2010, 11:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

hi all (john g and sheldon) im lookin at making some fibreglass panels for the race car (90) they are boot,bonnet and front gaurds just thought id check to see if there is interest from anyone and if they have some ideas on which way to make them, the oldmans a former fibreglasser so he will make them, im think the bonnet,gaurds will be reasonable easy but the boot a little different due to how it will be affixed ? thats where i need the ideas
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Sheldon McIntosh

The bonnet is quite heavy, I was planning on cutting out all the bracing in it though to see how light it could go - but a fibreglass one would be even better I imagine.

The front guards I wouldn't bother, they're already very light, I'd be surprised if you could save any meaningful weight there.

I don't know what the boot weighs actually, but a fibreglass one would just need enough meat to be able to hold the spoiler I suppose.

So yes, I might be keen on a bonnet if it comes out alright.

dehne

i thibk the boots heavy if you take ur springs out and then try lifting it u will see how heavy it is. getting the oldman onto it as we type
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

david sammartino

If you had a 75 there an off the shelf item!

JOHN G

Quote from: david sammartino on March 05, 2010, 06:07:32 PM
If you had a 75 there an off the shelf item!

Hi David

I know of a few suppliers for the 75.

However, for other readers you could post where? how much ? and any other info ?

Thanks
John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)