AROCA Sandown 30 May Sunday EF and SR for download

Started by Neil Choi, March 16, 2010, 10:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Just a reminder that our next AROCA sprint is at Sandown May 30.

I am preparing paperwork now and EF and SR will be published shortly.

Please pencil this into your racing calendar.

Regards
Neil

Evan Bottcher

Will it be Alfas only?  Will Peter Giddings bring his P3?  Will 'normal' sprint days ever be the same again?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Hello all

Sandown AROCA sprints SR and EF available for downloading.

Cheers
Neil

Brett

After the last two weekends, isnt it just an anti-climax ?   ;D ;D

Neil Choi

Hey!!! Now that's not very nice Brett.

I can't seem to able find a spot for you now!!!

Neil

Neil Choi

Just a kind reminder for all the club competitors of this Sandown event.

Entries are being taken and as usual it will fill out as it is local, get up at 6:30am and you are at the track in about 30 mins.

Please don't leave to the last minute, meaning I have to rush to finish off my paperwork.

Looking forward to your entries.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Sandown this weekend on Sunday, a full field, over 50 Alfa's on the track, from the classic to the new, the standard to the full race cars.  Come on down and watch the racing. 

Free entry for spectators and chance to catch up with fellow club members and see what Alfa's do best, driven hard and fast.

See you all there, Sunday, gates open 7am and cars on track at 9am until 5pm.

Cheers
Neil

david sammartino

hi there neil, as i am not running the gtv this time, and was planning to come down and watch, just thought id let you know that im available if you need a hand with marshalling in the morning half of the day. just let me know.

cheers

ChrisGTA

Neil, Alister and team, thanks for organising and running another superb event. It was brilliant to get so much track time into one day.   ;D

I've linked to the lap timing for everyone's convenience: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?30/05/2010.SAN

Neil Choi

Hi there all

Please find attached the AROCA Sandown results.  Let me know if you spot any errors.

The day seemed to have run well and we actually ran out of cars to run before the day ended which allowed some parade laps.

Fortunately, few incidents and everyone handled the initial damp conditions well.

Thanks so much to all the officials and helpers who make the day run so smoothly.

Firstly, the Geelong Flag Marshals of Ray, Annie, Dot and Graeme, where will we be without them.

On the ground, Mick and James Pannell setting up all the track equipment and doing recovery.

Marcus Stacey for the use of his 4WD in the morning.

Check in were Phil Aarons, Gary Pearce, Mat Frances, Paul Gulliver, Evan Bottcher.

Alan Hopla handled administration all day which relieve me of my duties, so I was actually bored in the afternoon with nothing to do.

Anthony Miller and Mat Frances were at S/F all day.

Chris Sutherland and Andrew Carra were dummy grid all day.

David Crump and Joe Ardi in the Safety car, I think this job is particularly privileged but thank you, how many incopmplete laps did you guys get.

Alister Grigg as CoC who ran the day perfectly.

The MX5 members of Greg, Joan and her friend (biggest apologies, I have forgotten her name) but they did flagging all day on Flag 4, thank you so much.

All the scrutineers who I always seem to forget who they are because they just do their duties in silence, but it was the quickest scrutineering section even carried out, even before driver briefing, well done, so can you guys please team up again at PI 3 July.  Only kidding Mick Aarons, Colin Byrne, Sam Gumina, Craig Healy, Teruo Delacroix, Jim Nielsen, Damian Crea, Andrew Hardeman and Joe Musco, there were a few others and I have really forgotten them.

No doubt I have forgotten others, so again apologies.

Anyway with my best regards and hope that your race day was as successful as the day was run.

Just a reminder that the next AROCA event is on 3rd July, SR and EF are awaiting approval so should be available end of this week, but watch out on our club website.

Regards
Neil