bendigo autocross april 3rd

Started by dehne, March 19, 2010, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

i know its not far off but im looking at entering and thought i would put it up incase anyone wants to enter (except matt francis unless the 75 wants a run against my white 90) so here is the link.
http://www.bendigocarclub.com.au/uploadedFiles/1268639904250-8646.pdf
hopfully more than 1 alfa is there
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

redalfaracing

Dehne, the event is actually a bitumen motorkhana not an autocross. probably good fun though. Tip, take all of your spare wheels with bald tyres. you will come home with wire hanging out of all of them.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

dehne

well i will need a truck just to take them all ive got 30 different rims aroung the side i think i would shred a few donut b4 killing that many
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

redalfaracing

12 tests could be 24 rears if you give it your all!!
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Mat Francis

Sorry Dehne, i'm out of action for a few months (years maybe?) while i "reorganise" my cars.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

dehne

ill help with that
1 you need a road car
2 you need a track car
3 you need autocross/motorkana/rally car
4 and you need parts for all the above

5 problem solved
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

redalfaracing

I would argue that a well sorted GTV6 would fill categories 2 thru 5. I will make it my business to go about proving that over the next few years.

Just got back from the PAC Khanacross. 8 tests completed. Set fastest time on at least half of them. Suffered severe brain fade in a couple and had to stop to consult the map. But, didn't wd so i'll wait till the results come out before i predict the outcome.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Mat Francis

Pics with results?  :)

Dehne: Here's the current situation.

One tidy, stripped out alfetta "track car"
One mechanically good, cosmetically shit 75 road car.
One rust free (yes, comprehensively repaired) bare shell, ready for paint.
One full cage, not in a car.

So. The plan is; the cage and the entire 75 mechanicals go into the shell, after it gets paint. 75 interior goes into alfetta, which becomes civilized again and is reverted back to daily driving duties. Whatever is left of the 75 gets scrapped.

I then have one car to be used for the track, rally, whatever. Keep it standard height using the 75 torsion bars, and it should handle/survive alright for either. And a tidy road car. And some space in the backyard.

It's just going to take me quite a while to make it all happen.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: dehne on March 20, 2010, 11:40:38 PM
1 you need a road car
2 you need a track car
3 you need autocross/motorkana/rally car
4 and you need parts for all the above

5 problem solved
Quote from: redalfaracing on March 21, 2010, 03:57:57 PM
I would argue that a well sorted GTV6 would fill categories 2 thru 5. I will make it my business to go about proving that over the next few years.

This I look forward to seeing.  I've seen the WRC cars back in NZ on tarmac in the last 2 kms of an otherwise gravel stage, and it is very entertaining.  Handbrake into turn one at Phillip Island will be fun, as will a scandinavian flick over Lukey Heights.

Can we assume that when you come to Phillip Island you'll be running rally tyres and 10" of travel?  You just put big wings on for tarmac spec I'm guessing, and put 5th gear back in?

116gtv

Mat, all the TS gear should make alfetta a quick car, particularly if lightened! The short torsion bars wont fit though.

looking forward to a report of the khana, dehne. I'm slowly getting our gtv together for a May grass motorkhana. ;D

Mat Francis

Normally the torsion bars won't fit, correct. However, dig up Greg's thread on his Alfetta, and you will see why they will one day  :)

Brilliant idea.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

116gtv

yes, i saw that, Mat - sorry, didnt realise you're going down that track... greg's the man!

redalfaracing

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on March 24, 2010, 10:44:50 PM

This I look forward to seeing.  I've seen the WRC cars back in NZ on tarmac in the last 2 kms of an otherwise gravel stage, and it is very entertaining.  Handbrake into turn one at Phillip Island will be fun, as will a scandinavian flick over Lukey Heights.

Can we assume that when you come to Phillip Island you'll be running rally tyres and 10" of travel?  You just put big wings on for tarmac spec I'm guessing, and put 5th gear back in?

I don't see it as being too hard to swap between rally and tarmac settings. Portman did it in 12 minutes in the Alpine last year.

If it takes me a day i wont grumble.

So what do i need? Short rear springs, GOT. modified front risers, making them. thicker torsion bars and sway bars, on the look out. Taller gearing, have several spare gearboxes, won't be a problem, and some sticky tyres, just have to pay Stuckey money for them.

Big horsepower on the way ( 24 v 3litre)

See you boys later in the year :)
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC