Disappointed with dealer

Started by Joe Garra, March 26, 2010, 11:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Garra

My wife's car, 159, was proving difficult to start on weekend. I told her to ring Giancarlo at Maranello Pur Sang. He was fantastic. He said if it's a computer issue it was best to take it to a dealer. My wife rang the dealer we bought it from, and explained the problem. They offered to look at it in 4 days time. My wife explained she didn't want to be stuck somewhere with two little girls in the back of the car. They said that was all they had available. I'll be writing a letter expressing my disappointment in them. They could've at least looked at it, I didn't expect them to fix it right away, and given some advice, not just fobbed my wife off. Anyway, it then failed to start. RACV were unable to jumpstart it. We had it towed to the new authorised service centre in Geelong. Very impressed with them. It was just a battery. The whole experience reinforced why I prefer dealing with Giancarlo rather than a dealer. I definitely wont be going back to the dealer when the lease is up in October.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

Stuart Thomson

Hi Joe,

Where is the service centre in Geelong?  Is yours the other 159 Wagon we see around Werribee?

I have, in the past, always taken the new cars (2 x 156 and the 159) to Lance Dixon, mainly because of the service I got from Damon.  Now he is in sales, I have only had the 159 serviced there, as it's still under warranty.  The GTA goes to Bruno and Giancarlo or Hugh Harrison for service now, mainly Bruno as he's closer.

This is one of the troubles with dealer service, there are many guys working there, not all care as much as the smaller guys about your car.  Personalised service means everything to a car owner, particularly our chosen Marque, where even the manufacturer promotes passion above logic.

Cheers
Stuart

shiny_car

Quote from: Joe Garra on March 26, 2010, 11:44:59 PMWe had it towed to the new authorised service centre in Geelong.

Hmm, I live in the Geelong area. Is this in Curtis St?

I still take my GT and 159 to Lance Dixon, and even had my oil changed in my 155 by them the other week! Mind you, I make a day of the trip to do stuff in Melbourne whilst I'm there, so the travel is offset somewhat.

I visited the Curtis St workshop once. I wasn't convinced that they are really up there with training and equipment to do a full job on the latest cars. But my perception is possibly way off. But partly because there aren't many Alfas in Geelong, so their through-put would be low, so their experience must be low. For the simpler, straight-forward servicing and maintenance I think they'd be fine though.

On the other hand, if you can tell me that the head mechanic is from another Alfa workshop with decades of experience, that'd count!

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Joe Garra

Yep, the guys in Curtis St. I'm just saying they were helpful. I have no knowledge one way or the other about their ability. My 164Q and the 159 both go to Giancarlo at Maranello PurSang. Yes, Stuart , it is probably my wife you see in Werribee with the grey 159 wagon. Mine is the black Q.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon