just a quck question

Started by littlechickenwing, April 08, 2010, 01:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlechickenwing

I just picked up my 2002 romeo from the dealers yesterday, while driving home I noticed that when the radio is on there is an interval of music playing fine, then the sound mutes and there is a beep (for 1 sec) then the sound keeps playing again, this happens at regular intervals (about every 30 secs) but stops when I turn stereo off so Im assuming it can be too important like a mechanical warning or anything but Its very annoying. I dont have the info screen working until they order a new one and I go and have it fitted so I cant see if anything comes up on that. I havnt tried it with a CD yet but It seems like it would happen with CD too since its connected to the stereo. Im just wondering if any experienced alfa owners have had this happen and know how to get the beeping to stop, im sure its just a button I have to press but cant work it out, any help would be appreciated. L.O.V.E the car other than that :)
(I dont realy want to take it back to the dealer until I have the new info screen fitted as they are 1.5 hrs away from where I live so if you can help much appreciated)

John Hanslow

If screen ... is the car a 166 ?
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

littlechickenwing

Sorry, its a 156 JTS Manual

Craig C

I think you have the traffic info feature turned on.  It doesn't apply in Australia anyway and I think it has TRF written on the button. It only applies to the radio and simply pushing the button again should turn it off.
2003 Spider
1984 GTV 2.0

littlechickenwing

Thank you thank you thank you! the sales-guy was pushing a heap of buttons to check everything worked so that may have done it. thanks again! Ill try it and hopefully thats what it was