1750 gtv ignition switch

Started by AC, April 21, 2010, 08:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC

I have a dodgy ignition switch on my 105 (1750 gtv series 2 1971). It seems difficult to obtain a new or reliable second hand one.

Suggestions for alternatives anyone? Or know where I can source one?

Car is used for both road and track. Am happy to look at different switching methods.

cheers

Mat Francis

Had the same problem in the last couple of months (in my alfetta). Caused me to DNF a rally. Solution? Completely bypass the switch, run a new one which powers all the accessories, dash, and coil (the coil was case specific, due to old issues, but you get the idea) and use a push button start. Still need the key for the steering lock, but other than that the switch becomes redundant. Complete use of cheap, generic parts, moderate amount of work.

If you are genuinely interested in going down this path i could probably draw up a (simplistic) wiring diagram.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

GTV-074

Guys,

New ignition switches (well repo ones) are available. Not sure if available in Oz but certainly are O/S (have a look at the EB Spares site).

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

105s alive alfa parts

Hi mate,

I have a new ignition switch available brand new with 2 keys, its the original type thats a little larger/bulkier then the other ones on the market at the moment, you can call me on 0413 305 306 or go to my web site to contact me its www.alfa105parts.com.au  we are in W.A

thanks
Angelo
1970 1750 Concourse
1971 1750 (modified club racer)
1965 mustang fastback (i crossed to the dark side)
Wrecking: 3x 1750 series 2 gtv, 1750 Berlina

AC

Thanks everyone for the replies - will be following up suggestions

cheers